Speed Editor ripple delete deletes entire timeline

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

chfilm

Speed Editor ripple delete deletes entire timeline

PostThu Aug 11, 2022 3:34 pm

Hi,

I just noticed a very odd behavior with my Speed Editor. Whenever I'm on the Cut Page and just hit "Ripl Del" it deletes EVERYTHING from my timeline, not just the clip which the playhead is hovering over. Any idea why this is? "Selection follows playhead" is turned on, though I don't see it happening on the cut page. This used to always work..

If I manually select any clip and then press the button it works as intended, but yea it feels like the "selection follows playhead" is broken on the cut page.

I'm on the latest Version of Resolve.

Lexvid

Re: Speed Editor ripple delete deletes entire timeline

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 8:27 am

Seems to be working correctly for me as it only deletes the clip under the playhead.

However, unlike on the Edit page, it doesn't put a red border around the clip on the Cut page when it's automatically selected by 'Selection Follows Playhead'. This may be a bug but doesn't explain why it's not working for you.
Resolve Studio 18.6
Speed Editor 1.4
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core, 32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX 2060 Super, 8GB, Studio driver v536.67
Windows 10 (22H2)
iPad Pro M2, 8GB, Resolve 18.5.001
iPad Air 3, 8GB, Resolve 18.5.000

chfilm

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 8:51 am

Odd! When I select any clip manually with the mouse it works, but not automatically anymore..
By the way it also doesnt work jsut with the delete key on the keyboard, so it's speed editor unrelated actually.

Even more odd, now it seems like there was some weird selection at the very and of the timeline that kept provoking this. But it happened in different project files. Hmm

BIGCAT

PostThu Aug 18, 2022 3:19 am

This exact thing seems to be happening to me as well. In the CUT page, usually if I hover over a clip that I've sliced, I can just hit RIPL DEL and it deletes just that portion. Now it's not auto-selecting what the playhead is over, and is deleting everything to the right of the playhead.

I smell a bug maybe?? I am running Studio 18.0.1 Build 3

BIGCAT

PostThu Aug 18, 2022 5:19 pm

Ah ha! I think I have figured this out. If you have made any changes in Fairlight and locked or linked your tracks, the playhead highlight clip function seems to go away in the CUT page for doing RIPL DELs.

To fix, just go into Fairlight and de-activate the link button. Go back to the CUT page and the playhead highlight clip functionality should return.

Return to DaVinci Resolve