[answered] Is there any way to see results of postings?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

maarten

[answered] Is there any way to see results of postings?

PostThu Aug 11, 2022 7:35 pm

Hi,

Is there any way to see what posts Blackmagic reads from this forum and what is done or will be done with this?

Some software creators share roadmaps and/or changelogs to see bugfixes and new features in upcoming releases. Does Blackmagic has something like this out there somewhere so we could see what's being done or is already fixed and/or added to see if it even makes sense and helps to post about something here and not wasting time on something already fixed or added?

This forum is filling extremely fast. So I guess a lot of double questions and bug mentions will be posted. It would be nice to not seeing all kinds of feedback and bug mentions people spent time on to mention or figure out to go into a big black box with no feedback while not even knowing if Blackmagic read it. And perhaps being posted all over again, while already fixed or added.

This is a serious question. For me it would feel a lot more efficient and useful if we'd know posts are actually read and how Blackmagic feels about certain things and/or will pick things up or not and if bugs are fixed and/or features will be added in the next (or a later) release. And if it is worth our time and trouble to mention things and to know it helps.

Thanks in advance!

BTW How is it possible a post is read 274 times after just posting according to this forum, if there are a total of 96 people online (including guests) according to the same forum? Guess everything I ever learned about math was wrong?! :shock: ;)
Last edited by maarten on Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andy Mees

Re: Is there any way to see results of postings?

PostThu Aug 11, 2022 9:22 pm

maarten wrote:Is there any way to see what posts Blackmagic reads from this forum and what is done or will be done with this?
No.... BMD do read the forum posts, but you can only 'know' it has been read if you happen to get a reply from staff members (which is not uncommon).

maarten wrote:Some software creators share roadmaps and/or changelogs to see bugfixes and new features in upcoming releases. Does Blackmagic has something like this...
Only when new releases are announced are the relevant new features and bug fixes publicly listed.

maarten wrote:BTW How is it possible a post is read 274 times after just posting according to this forum...
Google 'Bots, spiders and crawlers'

Joe Shapiro

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 12:36 am

It would be wonderful if such existed.
I imagine the dev group is too small to handle that load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Director, Editor, Problem Solver. Been cutting indie features for 23 years. FCP editor from version 2 to 7.
Resolve 18.6.6
MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max 64GB RAM, macOS 14.2.1
MacBook Air 13" M1 8GB RAM, macOS 14.2.1

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 1:03 am

Hi Maarten

While we read as many posts as we can, and often discuss and incorporate user reports and suggestions, we do not comment on future roadmaps.

Regards
Shrinivas

maarten

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 6:09 am

Thanks for your replies everybody and great to get a reaction by Blackmagic as well.

Joe Shapiro wrote:It would be wonderful if such existed.
I imagine the dev group is too small to handle that load.

Even the smallest companies with only 1 or 2 devs creating software lots of users use are able to publish change logs and roadmaps. It's just a matter of keeping track of what's happening in an online document, which Blackmagic does internally anyway and is often even half 'automated'.

Shrinivas Ramani wrote:While we read as many posts as we can, and often discuss and incorporate user reports and suggestions, we do not comment on future roadmaps.

Thanks for your response Shrinivas. That's unfortunate. I was mostly hoping for an online document with fixed bugs (preferrably also a roadmap on features, but understandable if that's not wanted by Blackmagic) that had been fixed to prevent double reporting by lots of people (and making it easier for you to not having to read all these double posts at the same time, preventing us doing all this work on reporting and making the forum filling less quickly as it's going pretty fast now with lots of posts).

But your answer is clear and clearly a choice by Blackmagic, so I can only accept that.

Thanks for clearing this up so quickly so now I know. Looking forward to the next version ;)

Return to DaVinci Resolve