Move Audio Keyframes 1 Frame at a Time

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

bcwash

Move Audio Keyframes 1 Frame at a Time

PostMon Aug 15, 2022 10:58 pm

I am trying to move audio keyframes over just a little bit without changing the audio levels. When I hold Shift, that allows me to move either up/down, or side/side while maintaining its reference point in the opposite direction.

The annoying thing is that it always seems to think I am trying to adjust it up/down even though my hand is clearly moving side to side. So is there an easier way to move keyframes over a frame at a time instead of just the Shift button?

Reynaud Venter

Re: Move Audio Keyframes 1 Frame at a Time

PostTue Aug 16, 2022 6:14 am

On the Edit page: Mark menu > Move Selected Keyframes Left/Right
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

bcwash

PostTue Aug 16, 2022 6:21 pm

Reynaud Venter wrote:On the Edit page: Mark menu > Move Selected Keyframes Left/Right

That's so helpful, thank you! Is there a way to do that within Fairlight as well? Right now I use the Range Selection and then move the fader line to create the 4 keyframes. So then I would need to bounce back to the Edit tab and move the keyframes that way?

GalinMcMahon

PostTue Aug 16, 2022 7:49 pm

Thanks Reynaud! Moving audio keyframes has always been a pain. I wonder why they put a command that by Resolve's own standard (i.e. moving clips up or down a track) should be a shift-drag command up in the menu system.
Water cooled Windows 11 laptop
i9 12th gen - 64GB RAM - 16GB 3080ti
2TB 4th gen nvme main - 4TB 4th gen nvme scratch
Micro panel (thank you BM :) ) - Stream Deck
Resolve Studio 18.5
BenQ ultrawide - DeckLink 4k mini via Sonnet - 48” LG C2 OLED

Return to DaVinci Resolve