Resolve 16 Won't Open

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

PK Simone

Re: Resolve 16 Won't Open

PostFri Apr 15, 2022 3:05 am

Would you recommend deleting the dblist.conf.temp file, if I am no longer in need of that database and I fear it is corrupt, or would deleting that file potentially cause other problems?

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Apr 15, 2022 6:13 am

Your choice. It won't hurt anything to leave it or delete it. Just note that if you delete it, and you ever want to reconnect to the 3 databases you had created, that you'd need to manually sort out where those were located, so you could Connect to them.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

PK Simone

PostFri Apr 15, 2022 6:18 pm

Just for more info here, and please direct me to another thread if I should continue there, but when I opened Davinci again, I allowed my VST's back into the mix by naming back the VST.temp folders back to VST. Davinci ran the audio effects and the same problem happened. Resolve just would not open up. So again I renamed the VST folders back to VST.temp and I renamed the config file so that it would force a new one again and everything resolved. I deleted the Twist plugin as I never used it, but the Waves one I use all the time in another audio program. But it seems something in my VST plugins when loaded by DR is causing an error in the config file that prevents the program from opening. Going to try to allow my RX VST plug ins only to Davinci as I use those alot within the program.

jreedh

PostFri May 27, 2022 6:39 pm

Hello,
I am experiencing a crash-on-launch of DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.4.60004 (Mac App Store Version). I had connected to an external database, which Resolve says is no longer accessible. However, it remains in place with the correct permissions.
I have, in the past, experienced this issue with the Mac App Store version of Resolve Studio, and could not solve the issue. How may I at least reset and launch the application? I have attempted to delete the .app and reinstall it, to no effect.

ResolveDebug.txt and screenshot of launch failure prompt attached. Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 2.37.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 2.37.33 PM.png (77.37 KiB) Viewed 625 times
ResolveDebug.zip
(6.74 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri May 27, 2022 6:58 pm

Delete this file:

/Users/test_account/Library/Containers/com.blackmagic-design.DaVinciResolveAppStore/Data/Library/Preferences/dblist.conf

That will force it to create a new database list, and assuming the original default Local Disk Database is intact, you should see that.
Dwaine Maggart

jreedh

PostFri May 27, 2022 7:14 pm

Brilliant,
Thank you Dwaine! This has restored Resolve Studio's ability to launch.
Heads up to those who follow, if the dblist is a bit tricky to find, Apple seems to make the their folder structure for '.../Containers/com.blackmagic-design.DaVinciResolveAppStore/Data/...' appear instead as '.../Containers/DaVinci Resolve Studio/Data/...' within finder.

barrysimmons

Resolve 18 won't open on our Mac workstations

PostWed Aug 17, 2022 3:28 pm

Dwaine,

Wondering if you can help me, too. I've got two computers (a Mac Studio and an iMac Pro) connected to our server and suddenly today neither workstation will open Resolve. Same thing as everyone else: the splash page comes up and then nothing. Can you help?? Here's the link to download the log:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-3xUo ... p=drive_fs

Thank you!

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Aug 17, 2022 5:08 pm

Your Google Drive link requires access credentials. Please make it an open link.
Dwaine Maggart

barrysimmons

PostWed Aug 17, 2022 5:49 pm

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Aug 17, 2022 6:54 pm

It looks like you have your system configured to automatically open the last used project.

And when it tries to open that project (10679 Uprise Chelsea) it's crashing.

This is a good reason NOT to configure your system to open the last used project.

Open a Finder window and do this to allow you to see hidden files and folders:

Press Command + Shift + . (period) to make the hidden files and folders appear.

Then navigate to this folder:

/Users/barry/Library/Preferences/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve

Rename the config.user.xml file to config.user.xml.orig

Unzip the attached config.user.xml.zip file. It unzips to a config.user.xml file. Copy that file to the /Users/barry/Library/Preferences/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve folder.

Now Resolve should hopefully start.

Assume that if you try to load the 10679 Uprise Chelsea project, it will hang the system. In the Project Manager page, you can right click that project and select Export Project, to make a project export .drp. Then you can try Importing that .drp and see if the imported version will load. If not, you can send it here for us to look at.
Attachments
config.user.xml.zip
(2.57 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Dwaine Maggart

barrysimmons

PostThu Aug 18, 2022 2:30 pm

Ok, your instructions allowed me to open Resolve (great!). Tried exporting and then importing the project like you instructed and it says "Unable to import project." Should I send you the .drp file to look at? Here's a link to it here if that helps. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jaJTWg ... sp=sharing

One note: The problem started as I was editing and I noticed my server went offline. The server (an SNS EVO) is where I keep the media files and the Resolve database. I re-mounted the drives, and as I was moving some audio layers around the program shut down.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Aug 19, 2022 7:07 pm

Unfortunately, it's corrupt. One last chance, if you want to try. Find the project folder in the Project Library and send the Project.db file. Unlikely to be able to fix that either, but willing to take a look.

Assuming the project is in a Local Project Library, right click the project library and select Reveal in Finder.

In Finder, dive down to the Resolve Projects - Users - guest - Projects folder and find the 10679 Uprise Chelsea folder. Send the Project.db file from that folder.
Dwaine Maggart

ssssk325

PostFri Aug 25, 2023 12:50 pm

Hey Dwaine,
Just wondering if you could help me with something too.

I bought the DaVinci Resolve Studio licence and downloaded the 18.5 version in July 2023 to work on a project. Once I was done with my project, I saved a .drp file and uninstalled Resolve, as it was too heavy for my computer. I thought I could download the software again anyway for my next project.

However, I was asked to make changes in the project, so I installed Studio 18.5 again, with the August 14, 2023 update. But now the .drp file won’t open! It says “Unable to import file”, and because my Project Manager is empty now, I don’t really know what to do. Do you have any idea what it could be?

All my previous .drp files are opening, except for this one.
Thanks for your help!

Uli Plank

PostFri Aug 25, 2023 2:00 pm

Did you try to make a fresh database and import it there?
Just deleting DR is not removing the database.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Aug 25, 2023 5:03 pm

Put the drp on a file sharing site and send a link, so we can take a look at it.
Dwaine Maggart
Previous

Return to DaVinci Resolve