Pan is not the same as EQ

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Stephen Buckley

Pan is not the same as EQ

PostTue Sep 27, 2022 12:05 am

Here we go again, I've encountered another mislabeling of a panel.

For some reason when I click on the thumbnail for the Pan details window on audio channel A1, the EQ panel comes up (see below). Freaky. When I click to open the EQ panel the Dynamics panel comes up. It's like a thumbnail is missing or not updated on the screen. You can obviously see the Pan thumbnail reflecting the EQ settings. I hardly ever use Pan, so nothing is altered there.

MixerPanel.jpg
MixerPanel.jpg (119.1 KiB) Viewed 392 times

I closed the program and restarted and everything seemed to correct itself. That being said, it would only close if I disregarded saving the project. That first (and second time attempted) I selected to Save the project before closing, however, only the popup window closed and Davinci did not. It seemed at that point a confirmation that some memory leak likely did occur causing this issue to begin with.

I have no idea how to replicate this, if I encounter it or something similar again, will report.
Davinci Resolve Studio 18 - Windows 10 Pro - DELL 7910 Intel Xeon E5v3 @ 2.60GHz 12-core Tower Workstation with 96GB ram - GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 TI - 1300w PSU

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Pan is not the same as EQ

PostTue Sep 27, 2022 5:25 am

You can see the additional plugins you have added have not correctly repositioned the Effect in and Dynamic sections and all those below.

If you see this again please grab a screen shot and and generate Resolve diagnostic logs from the help menu, post a link to those with your NFO please, details in the faqs.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve