Presets not saving master bin 'sort by'

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

benjackson

Presets not saving master bin 'sort by'

PostSat Oct 01, 2022 6:25 pm

Just a quick annoying bug. I want my master bin sorted by date modified so my most recent bins are at the top. I save the preset (or update) and literally if I load the preset straight away (or at any time) it goes back to some other sorting.

If presets don't save 'sort by' then it shouldn't change. If it does save 'sort by' setting, then why isn't it saving the 'date modified' setting? It's saving the wrong one, or it's incorrectly saving whatever the default is as PART of the preset when it shouldn't. Why save the wrong data at all??

Either alternative behavior is fine, either don't save the info in the preset at all (so whatever I select for 'sort by' persists across any other change of layout), or save it correctly. I have to use presets multiple times a day as resolve is terrible at going back to a previous monitor setup after my 3 monitor setup has been switched off overnight/downtime (but the machine stay on).

Thanks
--
Hackintosh Monterey 12.6.7, 12 core 7920X with AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16 GB, 64GB RAM, 72TB internal RAID and 500GB M.2 NVME
Davinci Resolve Studio
BMPCC 6K
MacBook Pro M1 Pro 16" 16GB RAM
MacMini M1 8GB RAM Recording Studio

Return to DaVinci Resolve