DaVinci crashes when starting

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jesse_M

DaVinci crashes when starting

PostSun Nov 27, 2022 11:58 am

Dear forum members

last week i bought the studio version after working on the lite version for a long time. After de-installing the old version and installing the studio version it crashes on start-up when it says "loading audio plugins".

I tried the newest version 18.1.1 and also the version which i was running before without problems (17.2.2) and the newest 17 version, it´s all the same.

My system specs:

Mac Book Pro 16" 2019
2,3GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB
16GB RAM
Mac OS Ventura 13.0.1

Logfile (link with space in www):

https://w ww.dropbox.com/sh/tih1ibytr9dwx02/AADM3-OTOzgoQa2z81Qp8UeAa?dl=0

I hope someone can help me. Thank you very much.

Jesse

rwloughlin

Re: DaVinci crashes when starting

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 10:39 pm

I'm seeing a similar issue. I updated to MacOS Ventura and now no version of Resolve (Studio and free, 17, 18.0, 18.1, and 18.1.1) will launch at all. The splash screen gets to "Loading Project Settings" and then crashes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several different versions of Resolve and Resolve Studio.

Ventura 13.0.1

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro16,2
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 512 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 GB
System Firmware Version: 1916.40.8.0.0 (iBridge: 20.16.420.0.0,0)

rwloughlin

Re: DaVinci crashes when starting

PostWed Nov 30, 2022 2:25 pm

I launched the Resolve executable directly from Terminal, and it looks like it's crashing here:

Code: Select all
[/Users/build/sandbox/BuildRepos/Sol-Windows-1/External/VirtualMonitor-macOS/MersiveRelayCam/RelayPlugin/VtcComLib/VtcComLib.cpp] initializer()
[/Users/build/sandbox/BuildRepos/Sol-Windows-1/External/VirtualMonitor-macOS/MersiveRelayCam/RelayPlugin/avCam/avCam/avCamLib.mm] initializer()

Through a little big of digging, it looks like those are related to the Continuity Camera feature that's new to Ventura, perhaps? Interestingly, I'm getting crashes invoking the same kit/library in the Slack app as well.

Return to DaVinci Resolve