Resolve 16 Studio won't start at all

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

jackdepand

Re: Resolve 16 Studio won't start at all

PostSat Mar 12, 2022 3:16 am

Oh I see.

Here is the .NFO file hopefully this helps

Jack

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jjpNPQ ... sp=sharing

it shows it as an audio file but when you click download at least for me it shows all of the information.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostSat Mar 12, 2022 4:50 am

It appears you have a display connected to an onboard graphics port, and a display connected to the NVIDIA RTX 3060 card.

For Resolve to work, any displays need to connect to the NVIDIA card.

So move the display that's connected to an onboard graphics port, over to the NVIDIA card. Or remove it.

Then see if Resolve will run.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

jackdepand

PostSat Mar 12, 2022 5:05 am

I tried each of my monitors solo and both times resolve would still not open.

Arcaxio

PostSat Mar 12, 2022 5:11 am

heyhiyadoin wrote:OH WE FIXED IT!!

Here is what it was:

Looked through my programs, saw this "Open CL and Open GL Compatibility Pack". It's been installed since 1/30 and I'm pretty sure Resolve opened at least once since then so I didn't think it would be the culprit but it's easy to re-add from Microsoft so I took a chance and uninstalled it:

Dwaine thank you for your patience and ideas. Sent you a PM

I can't believe it, I HAVE THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM AS YOU! I'm also clueless when did this get installed in my system as well! But thanks to you and Dwaine, I can FINALLY run Resolve on my system!

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostSat Mar 12, 2022 5:39 pm

With just one monitor connected to the system, and that monitor connected to the NVIDIA card, generate and send a new Resolve log and NFO file.
Dwaine Maggart

jackdepand

PostSat Mar 12, 2022 5:53 pm

here they are. I'm pretty sure this is the correct monitor as I have been able to open resolve many times with just this one plugged in. I can't really tell which one is plugged into the graphics card itself even when opening my PC but I'm guessing its this one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13UHhqW ... sp=sharing (nfo)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rn8i3D ... sp=sharing (logs)

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostSun Mar 13, 2022 12:45 am

Your NFO file still shows 2 displays connected. One 1920x1080 display connected to the onboard AMD Radeon iGPU, and one 1920x1080 display connected to the NVIDIA RTX3060.

Apparently you did not have the onboard iGPU display disconnected when you made the NFO file. And the Resolve log still shows an instant GPU detect crash, that could be caused by the iGPU connected display.
Dwaine Maggart

jackdepand

PostSun Mar 13, 2022 7:36 pm

huh thats weird. This time I unplugged every part of the monitor and tried it with both monitors

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FxoREZ ... sp=sharing (logs with only primary monitor.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DJCwU9 ... sp=sharing (logs with only secondary monitor)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15gyIKH ... sp=sharing (nfo secondary monitor.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s8RCsd ... sp=sharing (nfo primary monitor

jackdepand

PostMon Mar 14, 2022 2:00 am

actually it would seem I too also had the openCL compatibility pack which uninstalling that seemed to fix my problems. Thanks Dwaine for all of your tips!

camapel07

PostThu Mar 24, 2022 6:41 am

A youtuber told me dwaine can help start resolve by taking a look at my logs.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Mar 25, 2022 3:58 pm

Your link requires access credentials. Please make it an open link.

In addition to the Resolve log, I also need a Windows System Information .NFO file.

Open the Windows System Information app and then select File - Save to generate the .NFO file.
Dwaine Maggart

camapel07

PostSat Mar 26, 2022 3:57 am

ZOOBLACKMAGIC

PostSat Mar 26, 2022 7:17 am

Hi Dwaine,

My Davinci Resolve will not start. I have checked my system requirements, video driver is up to date, checked USB Peripherals, disable the VPN, used compatibility mode, checked if ports were blocked, there are no OFX plugins and all the program does is open to database page and will not open in the project icon. In addition, I have to keep going to task manager and ending the resolve program for the actual program to load.

Dwaine is there anyway to help me out please? Will have to make another post to upload the support.zip file. Post will say Re: Resolve 16 Studio won't start at all cont.
Attachments
preferences.zip
(21.64 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 4:58 pm

@Cam: For some reason, your config.dat file is corrupt, and that's what's stopping Resolve from running. Your backup config.dat.bak file is OK, so we'll use that.

Open File Explorer Options, and on the View tab, enable "Show hidden files, folders and drives".

Also unselect "Hide extensions for known file types".

Then in File Explorer, navigate to this folder:

C:\Users\camap\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Preferences

Delete the config.dat file.

Then right click the config.dat.bak file and select Copy. Then select Paste. This should make a copy of the file called: config.dat - Copy.bak

Rename the config.dat - Copy.bak file to config.dat

Now Resolve should start.

If Resolve still doesn't start, send a new Resolve log file.
Dwaine Maggart

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 5:01 pm

@Derik: In a File Explorer window, go to:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here.

If you are a new Forum user, you may not be allowed to post URLs. If this happens, just put a space near the front of the URL, so the system doesn't think it's a URL.
Dwaine Maggart

camapel07

PostTue Mar 29, 2022 2:10 am

Wow!!! That Fixed it, thanks so much Dwaine. You're the best

iamtheone965

Re: Resolve 17 Studio won't start at all

PostTue Jun 21, 2022 4:09 am

so i watched a ton of videos and one of them told me to come to this form and give you my bat file and i will really would love it if you could help me
Attachments
CaptureLogs.zip
thank you
(902 Bytes) Downloaded 46 times

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Jun 22, 2022 4:20 pm

We don't want your bat file. We want you to RUN the bat file and send us the log file it creates.

Specific details of what we need follow:

In a File Explorer window, go to:

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here.

If you are a new Forum user, you may not be allowed to post URLs. If this happens, just put a space near the front of the URL, so the system doesn't think it's a URL.
Dwaine Maggart

ItsPweeter

PostMon Oct 10, 2022 11:49 am

Whenever I try and submit my problem it keeps giving me Error 413, saying "Request Entity Too Large" or whatever. I was making some jokes but I've had to rewriting so many times I'm just going to get straight to the point. I think it's the Capture Log causing the problem, so if this actually posts, then we can figure out another way to send the capture log?

Anyyyway... Hi Dwaine, my Davinci Resolve does not work. I've tried all the generic solutions, they have not worked. I'm new to Blackmagic, and have never used Davinci Resolve.

Specs:
Windows 10
AMD Ryzen 9 5900HS
RTX 3060 (Laptop card) @ 6GB
16GB of ram

Uli Plank

PostMon Oct 10, 2022 9:25 pm

Did you read Dwaine’s message above yours?
No, an iGPU is not enough, and you can't use HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 in the free version.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Oct 10, 2022 9:26 pm

Hi Peter,

Note the part in BOLD text:

and run CaptureLogs

Dwaine Maggart

the man of gamer

PostWed Oct 12, 2022 6:20 pm

i have every thing that need, i have davinci resolve from version 16 and its was work perfecly and before 3 days i was trying to open davinci and its just not open i done everything that is on youtube, i saw this video:https://youtu.be/bFVywDATYVk ,(and even other videos) nothing not working , i didnt touch my coumputer for a few weeks and its just happend, please please i have your help

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Oct 12, 2022 6:59 pm

and run CaptureLogs

Dwaine Maggart

ItsPweeter

PostMon Oct 17, 2022 3:20 am

Sorry I haven't been able to reply, but I think I have some information that can help. When I was moving from my dad's to my mom's, I didn't bring my monitor. And when I was at my mom's, Resolve worked perfectly fine.

Here's the link to the log thing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XrcVxO ... sp=sharing

the man of gamer

PostSun Nov 06, 2022 1:13 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:In a File Explorer window, go to:

and run CaptureLogs

https://usaupload.com/6Nxx/NFO.nfo ........and........ https://usaupload.com/6NxA/DaVinci-Reso ... _73147.zip

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Nov 07, 2022 11:19 pm

Somehow, all your config files have gotten corrupted.

Open File Explorer Options, and on the View tab, enable "Show hidden files, folders and drives".

C:\Users\??????\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Preferences

Unfortunately, because your PC language is set to Hebrew, Resolve doesn't know how to parse that character set in the log files. So replace the ?????? above with whatever your Windows User name is.

Delete the config.dat, config.dat.bak and .config.data files. And oddly, an additional file I've never seen get corrupt before: config.user.xml. Delete all 4 of these files.

Now Resolve should start. It will regenerate the above files with default settings. All the Resolve preferences will be set to their default values. Reselect any Resolve Preference setting changes you had previously made.

Dwaine Maggart

the man of gamer

PostWed Nov 09, 2022 5:01 pm

Dwaine Maggart helped me, and i did what you ask and today i try to open again and its show me the file
of davinci resoleve with the option "came back" I clicked on it and it is still not open davinci what shold i do now? please please help i need this help
Last edited by the man of gamer on Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ItsPweeter

PostWed Nov 09, 2022 6:41 pm

Hi Dwaine!

I’ve sent the logs and put them in a Google Drive, and I linked it in the reply I wrote a bit above. Is there anything else I need to add in able for you to help me?

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Nov 09, 2022 8:17 pm

Yes, a Windows System Information .NFO file.

Open the Windows System Information app, select its File menu, then Save to generate the .NFO file.

Are you saying that if you don't connect an external display to the laptop, that Resolve works?
Dwaine Maggart

ItsPweeter

PostSat Nov 12, 2022 5:32 am

At this point I have no idea what makes it works or not. When I bring it to my mom's (and don't have my monitor) it works. But when I have it at my dad's, it doesn't. I've unplugged my monitor and restarted my computer, Resolve still has not worked.

Here are the updated logs:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1THbtrO ... sp=sharing
And here's the NFO file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f7AlEa ... sp=sharing

the man of gamer

PostSun Nov 13, 2022 4:52 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Somehow, all your config files have gotten corrupted.

C:\Users\??????\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Preferences

Unfortunately, because your PC language is set to Hebrew, Resolve doesn't know how to parse that character set in the log files. So replace the ?????? above with whatever your Windows User name is.

Delete the config.dat, config.dat.bak and .config.data files. And oddly, an additional file I've never seen get corrupt before: config.user.xml. Delete all 4 of these files.

Now Resolve should start. It will regenerate the above files with default settings. All the Resolve preferences will be set to their default values. Reselect any Resolve Preference setting changes you had previously made.

its working thankssssssss

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostSun Nov 13, 2022 11:08 pm

@Peter: Your NFO file is corrupt. Please try saving it again. And this time, double click the NFO file to make sure it opens in the System Information app.
Dwaine Maggart

akara211

PostMon Nov 14, 2022 10:19 pm

Hey!
Can anyone help me out?
I can't open Resolve.
I tried literally everything that's been posted online. Compatibility mode... Firewall off... reinstalling... upgrading version... literally everything. I click to open resolve as administrator and it simply won't open. It won't launch. It is in my task manager, but it doesn't use up any of my CPU nor GPU nor Disk. Uses only memory (250MB). I don't know what is happening and I can't use Resolve for over a week now. I'm frustrated.
I've attached screenshot from the task manager and my CaptureLogs
Attachments
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (3.31 KiB) Viewed 2982 times
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-14.11.2022._231106,41.zip
CaptureLogs
(19.69 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
> DaVinci Resolve 18.0.4, Free version
> Windows 10 Pro
> i3-7100
> 16gb
> gtx1050Ti Aero, GeForce Game Ready Driver v526.47
> cache folder is on C: (970Evo SSD, 500GB)

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Nov 15, 2022 9:26 am

akara211 wrote:Hey!
Can anyone help me out?
I can't open Resolve.
I tried literally everything that's been posted online. Compatibility mode... Firewall off... reinstalling... upgrading version... literally everything. I click to open resolve as administrator and it simply won't open. It won't launch. It is in my task manager, but it doesn't use up any of my CPU nor GPU nor Disk. Uses only memory (250MB). I don't know what is happening and I can't use Resolve for over a week now. I'm frustrated.

can u post your NFO too.. details in faqs
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Nov 16, 2022 5:42 am

Always need the NFO file along with Resolve logs from Windows systems.

Open the Windows System Information app, then select its File menu, then Save to generate the NFO file.
Dwaine Maggart

frankyyo

PostWed Nov 16, 2022 3:12 pm

Sander de Regt wrote:Just installed the Studio 16 beta. There were no errors during installation, but Resolve won't actually start. It will start to start (i.e. it shows up in the Task Manager) but within 20-30 seconds, it just plain disappears from the task manager and nothing happens. Not even a crash.

Resolve 15.2.x worked perfectly fine on this system.

Windows 10
i5
16 GB Ram
GTX 1060 with 6GB of RAM

Took me awhile to figure out but HERES THE FIX:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=170836&e=0

akara211

PostThu Nov 17, 2022 8:21 am

:geek:
Peter Chamberlain wrote:
akara211 wrote:Hey!
Can anyone help me out?
I can't open Resolve.

can u post your NFO too.. details in faqs
Dwaine Maggart wrote:Always need the NFO file along with Resolve logs from Windows systems.

Open the Windows System Information app, then select its File menu, then Save to generate the NFO file.

Hi,
Sorry... Here's the NFO file.
I had to zip it since I couldn't upload it due to the size.
Attachments
NFOfile.rar
NFO file (zipped)
(147.48 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
> Windows 10 Pro
> i3-7100
> 16gb

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Nov 17, 2022 4:55 pm

There are no current Resolve errors in the Windows System logs. There are a bunch of current nvcontainer errors in the Windows System log. Resolve is crashing during the GPU selection process.

Implying that there might be something wrong with the NVIDIA driver install.

There is a new NVIDIA 526.98 driver available. Try updating to that. When you run the driver installer, be sure to select the Custom install option and do a Clean install.

If that still doesn't help, send an updated NFO and Resolve log.
Dwaine Maggart

akara211

PostFri Nov 18, 2022 10:04 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:If that still doesn't help, send an updated NFO and Resolve log.

I reinstalled drivers thru GeForce Experience - Custom - Clean installation.

Didn't resolve the problem.

I've attached new logs and .NFO (zipped)
Attachments
NFOupdated.rar
new NFO file zipped (after drivers reinstalled)
(146.42 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-18.11.2022._105923,04.zip
Logs (after drivers reinstalled)
(20.78 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
> Windows 10 Pro
> i3-7100
> 16gb

the man of gamer

Re: Corrupt file

PostWed Nov 23, 2022 3:08 pm

i had a problem with the davinci and I could not open davinci, Dwaine Maggart helped me and now when i rander a file and trying to open it its saying: This file cannot be played. The file type may not be supported, the file extension may be incorrect, or the file may be damaged. and i cant upload it to youtube please help me

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Nov 23, 2022 11:28 pm

@Danijel: I don't see any obvious reason why it's not working. The nvcontainer errors seem to be gone, so I guess that's good. Try the new Resolve 18.1.1 release and see what it does.

If that still doesn't work, things that have prevented Resolve from starting in the past have been USB related. Disconnect all USB devices except a standard keyboard and mouse, and see if that helps.

@sagi: Does the rendered file open in Resolve? What type of file are you rendering?
Dwaine Maggart

akara211

PostThu Nov 24, 2022 3:28 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:If that still doesn't work, things that have prevented Resolve from starting in the past have been USB related. Disconnect all USB devices except a standard keyboard and mouse, and see if that helps.

I unplugged all USB devices except for mouse. Still doesn't work. What else can I do?
> Windows 10 Pro
> i3-7100
> 16gb

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 12:06 am

The only suggestion I have left is a Windows reinstall. That has fixed inexplainable issues in the past.

But I realize what a complete pain that is, and never suggest that except as a last resort.
Dwaine Maggart

achab72

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 7:35 pm

Hi,
I have dsame problem lauching Da Vinci Resolve: It does not work, nothing happens.

It was working fine until a few days ago, then suddenly it stopped working

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, i upgrade video driver, i Uninstall DaVinci Resolve Control Panels. Nothing worked.

Hope someone can help me...

Here are the files NFO and CaptureLogs:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link

Thanks,
Simone

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Nov 29, 2022 7:54 pm

Somehow, all your config related files have been corrupted.

Your config.dat and .config.data related files are bad.

C:\Users\fersi\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Preferences

Delete the config.dat, config.dat.bak, .config.data and .config.data.bak files.

Now Resolve should start.

It will recreate the config files with the default starting info. If you had any Preferences modifications made, be sure to reapply those after starting.

Dwaine Maggart

achab72

PostTue Nov 29, 2022 11:30 pm

It works!! Great! Thank you so much Dwaine! :D :D :D

the man of gamer

PostSat Dec 03, 2022 6:51 pm

@sagi: Does the rendered file open in Resolve? What type of file are you rendering?[/quote]

now its do rander it and let me open it but its rander just one minute from six why its like it? (and yes its show it)
Attachments
DaVinci Resolve - Untitled Project 60 03_12_2022 19_19_08 (2).png
DaVinci Resolve - Untitled Project 60 03_12_2022 19_19_08 (2).png (46.02 KiB) Viewed 2549 times

akara211

PostSun Dec 04, 2022 9:46 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:The only suggestion I have left is a Windows reinstall. That has fixed inexplainable issues in the past.

But I realize what a complete pain that is, and never suggest that except as a last resort.

Hi,
do you mind checking everything again? I really don't feel like reinstalling my Windows.
Attachments
Desktop.rar
The NFO and crash logs. I also have Resolve.DMP, but it's too large to upload here.
(320.02 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
> Windows 10 Pro
> i3-7100
> 16gb

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostSun Dec 04, 2022 11:33 pm

Still no Resolve related errors in the Windows error log.

You have a couple of torrent related things loading at startup. In the distant past BitTorrent related apps have caused Resolve issues.

So try this: In Windows Task Manager, Startup tab, disable EVERYTHING, and see if Resolve will launch. If so, start re-enabling the startup stuff you need, until you find what's preventing Resolve from starting.
Dwaine Maggart

akara211

PostMon Dec 05, 2022 11:54 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Still no Resolve related errors in the Windows error log.

You have a couple of torrent related things loading at startup. In the distant past BitTorrent related apps have caused Resolve issues.

So try this: In Windows Task Manager, Startup tab, disable EVERYTHING, and see if Resolve will launch. If so, start re-enabling the startup stuff you need, until you find what's preventing Resolve from starting.

That didn't help. I even tried opening Adobe Premiere and it crashes (I have other Adobe programs and they all work). Somethings really bad going on on my pc.
> Windows 10 Pro
> i3-7100
> 16gb
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve