Shorten Stills Time Duration

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

dclark064

Shorten Stills Time Duration

PostFri Dec 09, 2022 8:16 pm

I am using DR Studio to make a video from a sequence of 89 still images. I want to experiment with different time intervals per still image in the range of 1 frame/still to 12 frames/still. In the Edit module I can select the stills, right click, and change the number of frames. But if I reduce the number I get blank frames between the stills. Is there a way to have the stills adjust to keep them together as the number of frames/still is reduced?

Sorry about the elementary question. Just learning Resolve.

panos_mts

Re: Shorten Stills Time Duration

PostFri Dec 09, 2022 9:27 pm

dclark064 wrote:In the Edit module I can select the stills, right click, and change the number of frames. But if I reduce the number I get blank frames between the stills. Is there a way to have the stills adjust to keep them together as the number of frames/still is reduced?
Switch to Trim Edit Mode before adjusting the duration or use the Edit -> Delete Gaps command

dclark064

Re: Shorten Stills Time Duration

PostFri Dec 09, 2022 9:39 pm

panos_mts wrote:
dclark064 wrote:In the Edit module I can select the stills, right click, and change the number of frames. But if I reduce the number I get blank frames between the stills. Is there a way to have the stills adjust to keep them together as the number of frames/still is reduced?
Switch to Trim Edit Mode before adjusting the duration or use the Edit -> Delete Gaps command

Thank you. Using Trim Edit Mode worked. Without using Trim Edit, if I have the gaps, with all the stills selected, the Edit > Delete Gaps was grayed out.

Return to DaVinci Resolve