Where is Hotkeys "HDR Grade"

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Colorist Fatalist

Where is Hotkeys "HDR Grade"

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 5:11 pm

Hello! :)
Could you help me find hokeys for tabs
HDR Grade
Curves
Window (masks) and activate masks

Marc Wielage

Re: Where is Hotkeys "HDR Grade"

PostTue Jan 31, 2023 2:57 am

I just checked Keyboard Customization and I don't see a way to use hotkeys to get to those panels with just a keyboard.

I've always used a control surface for color, so I push a dedicated mechanical button to bring up those menus. I've used the Avid Artist panels, the Tangent panels (the Wave, the Elements, and the Ripple), and the Blackmagic Mini and Advanced Panels, They're all useful in that they help the colorist work faster and become more productive. Color-correcting with just a mouse and a keyboard is rough -- it can be done, but it's very laborious and time-consuming (from my perspective).
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Colorist Fatalist

PostTue Jan 31, 2023 9:12 pm

Marc Wielage wrote:I just checked Keyboard Customization and I don't see a way to use hotkeys to get to those panels with just a keyboard.

I've always used a control surface for color, so I push a dedicated mechanical button to bring up those menus. I've used the Avid Artist panels, the Tangent panels (the Wave, the Elements, and the Ripple), and the Blackmagic Mini and Advanced Panels, They're all useful in that they help the colorist work faster and become more productive. Color-correcting with just a mouse and a keyboard is rough -- it can be done, but it's very laborious and time-consuming (from my perspective).

Thank you very much, for search!

SeldomSeenKid

PostWed Feb 01, 2023 8:16 am

Marc Wielage wrote:.. , the Tangent panels (the Wave, the Elements, and the Ripple), ...

At least the Tangent panels don't have a button for HDR wheels either.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
# Threadripper 32 core / 160GB / RTX4000 8GB / WIN10 #
# BMCC / DVR17.4.6 Studio / Speed Editor / Tangent Ripple / X-Touch One / X-Touch mini / Space Explorer / 5.1 HDMI#

Return to DaVinci Resolve