Installation issues under Win10

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

sammy3000

Installation issues under Win10

PostTue Jan 31, 2023 7:28 pm

Hi,

First, this is a great product and finally I managed to cut my first video! Thank you for that.

Here my problem: When I install the Windows Version 18.1.2 on Win10, it will not create an entry in the start menu or on the desktop for Davinci Resolve. Neither does it create an entry in the Windows all-app page where I would de-install an app. The only app that seems to be installed properly is the controls panel, RAW speed test and player. The actual program seems not to be properly installed. I tested this on two different PCs with the same result. I then realized that the binaries are copied to my system under C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve. I can start the program from there and it seems to work. I am just afraid that it might not have been properly installed and I would not be able to remove it cleanly at a later point. Any idea what to do?

I have a second question. As per above I was able to run it with the described workaround. But when I had multiple videos in my project and added features, at the point when I wanted to render it, there were a lot of missing frames (the red triangle with the exclamation mark is shortly shown). When I reduced the complexity of the project, using the same media pool, it worked fine. Any idea what that could be?

Many thanks for your support
Andreas

Jim Simon

Re: Installation issues under Win10

PostWed Feb 01, 2023 4:03 pm

Be sure to use Resolve with an Admin level User Account.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Jim Simon

Re: Installation issues under Win10

PostWed Feb 01, 2023 4:11 pm

sammy3000 wrote:I have a second question.
Ideally threads should be on a single issue. That helps keep the conversation on-topic, and makes it easier for other readers later on with a similar issue.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve