Why aren't my 3rd party assets not reflected in Resolve?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

yael777

Why aren't my 3rd party assets not reflected in Resolve?

PostWed Feb 01, 2023 3:05 pm

using resolve 18/windows machine.
in fusion, i right click, double check the file location, and drop my assets there.
when i open resolve, the assets cannot be located.
please let me know if you need more details to determine the issue. i cannot figure it out, going on the third day trying to use a "subscribe" overlay on a project i've been working on for a week now.

thanks!

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Why aren't my 3rd party assets not reflected in Resolve?

PostWed Feb 01, 2023 6:55 pm

Assets for the stand alone Fusion app are not used by the Resolve app. You would need to add those separately in the Resolve app.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

yael777

PostWed Feb 01, 2023 9:01 pm

Thanks, Dwaine. Do you mind clarifying a little more, i have no idea what you mean. Thanks

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Feb 01, 2023 10:32 pm

First, just to clarify, you mentioned you added your assets in Fusion and then opened Resolve, implying that you added the assets to the stand alone version of Fusion. Is that what you actually did? You have both a stand alone Fusion install as well as a Resolve install?

And if the above is true, what type of assets are you using that you want to show up in Resolve?
Dwaine Maggart

yael777

PostWed Feb 01, 2023 11:14 pm

ah, gotcha. regarding fusion, what i meant is- i had resolve opened, i went into the fusion tab (to see the effects, tools, etc.) Under templates, i right click on Edit (for example) to confirm folder location. Does that make sense? I am new to Resolve so please forgive my lack of terminology.

the assets are .mov files downloaded from storyblocks. its a youtube "subscribe" overlay.
Attachments
screen shot.jpg
screen shot.jpg (51.03 KiB) Viewed 300 times

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Feb 02, 2023 7:27 pm

I'm not sure what type of assets you have, but if there are .mov files involved, that doesn't sound like something you can import into the Fusion Templates area.

Template bundles are distributed as .drfx files. If you have one of those, you can drop that onto the Fusion page to import it. This is described on pages 1255 and 1256 of the Resolve 18.1 manual.

Individual templates (macros) are in the form of .setting files. More details about that are in chapter 66 of the Resolve 18.1 manual starting on page 1234.
Dwaine Maggart

Return to DaVinci Resolve