Newest version of DaVinci Resolve having old issue(?)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

AndyWifi

Newest version of DaVinci Resolve having old issue(?)

PostSun Feb 05, 2023 2:38 pm

So my friend recommended me the free editing software known as Davinci Resolve and so I tried to install the 18.1.2 version, but even though I did everything right this same issue keeps popping up, "A newer version Resolve is already installed, please uninstall it in Control Panel first."

so instead of figuring it out on my own I went to youtube, but the only videos with working solutions were from a year ago and were for the 17 version of Davinci.

I even tried the old solution and as expected, didn't work. If I ever did install this program in the past, it certainly wasn't any newer than this version. Help?

Reynaud Venter

Re: Newest version of DaVinci Resolve having old issue(?)

PostMon Feb 06, 2023 6:30 am

Is this on a macOS or Windows system?

Are you using the installer from the Support page?
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... and-fusion
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Jim Simon

Re: Newest version of DaVinci Resolve having old issue(?)

PostMon Feb 06, 2023 4:01 pm

You can also see that error when installing the same version of Free/Studio.

For example, if 18.1.2 Free is installed, you will get that warning trying to install 18.1.2 Studio.

The normal Uninstall process should get yo moving. (Note that all this should be done using an Admin level User Account. Things often go weird with non-Admin accounts.)
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve