Remove shot match from node with another effect

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

AnthonySneed

Remove shot match from node with another effect

PostWed Mar 22, 2023 3:07 am

I keyframed a power window and accidentally applied a shot match to the same node.

Now I want to remove just the shot match but I'm having trouble and can't seem to find anything in the manual.

In the color match window, there's a red dot, but I've tried resetting everything with no luck.

Anyway to do this?
anthonysneed.film

Marc Wielage

Re: Remove shot match from node with another effect

PostWed Mar 22, 2023 6:55 am

There's a lot of reasons I never use Shot Match. 90% of the time, I can match it closer myself, so to me, it's one of those things people just have to learn.

I would assume right-clicking the node and choosing "Reset Node" should do it. If you're worried about losing the Power Window, you could first copy the window using the "Copy Window" command in the Power Window palette, reset the node, then use the "Paste Window" command in the same palette. You can also copy/paste the window tracking, but that will only work if the shot is exactly the same as the other show in terms of timing and movement.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

AnthonySneed

Re: Remove shot match from node with another effect

PostWed Mar 22, 2023 2:22 pm

Marc Wielage wrote:There's a lot of reasons I never use Shot Match. 90% of the time, I can match it closer myself, so to me, it's one of those things people just have to learn.

I would assume right-clicking the node and choosing "Reset Node" should do it. If you're worried about losing the Power Window, you could first copy the window using the "Copy Window" command in the Power Window palette, reset the node, then use the "Paste Window" command in the same palette. You can also copy/paste the window tracking, but that will only work if the shot is exactly the same as the other show in terms of timing and movement.

Thank you Marc, that worked perfectly!

And yes, I normally never use Shot Match, I had to do a quick temp grade w/ very little time to proof the entire cut.
anthonysneed.film

Return to DaVinci Resolve