Application has requested more GPU Memory Error

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

quicknclean

Application has requested more GPU Memory Error

PostSun Mar 26, 2023 1:01 am

So I have a two video track with a single stereo bus audio timeline that keeps failing to export. Each time I attempt to run deliver, the render fails after dropping to 0.5 fps and holding for 30 seconds. It fills up all 8GB of the GPU and then crashes with an error.

NVIDIA OpenGL Driver

AN application has requested more GPU memory that is available in the system.
The application will now be closed.

Error Code: 6

I have rebuilt the timeline in a new project and attempted multiple renders with just one video track or the other and discovered the issue lies with the transitions between each clip. This is a memorial montage set over a soundtrack, so all of the images are .jpeg files and use a simple crossfade transition via Resolve's embedded FX.

When I remove the transitions, I can render the entire project, music and photos with no issues.

Any ideas?

PC Specs:
Lenovo ThinkPad
10th Generation Intel® Core™ i9-10885H Processor with vPro™ (2.40 GHz, up to 5.30 GHz with Turbo Boost, 8 Cores, 16 Threads, 16 MB Cache)
64 GB DDR4 2933MHz (2 x 32 GB)
2 TB PCIe SSD, OPAL
15.6" UHD (3840 x 2160) OLED, AR/AS, touchscreen, HDR500 True Black, Dolby Vision™ HDR, 400 nits
NVIDIA® Quadro® RTX™ 4000 Max-Q 8GB
Last edited by quicknclean on Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Application has requested more GPU Memory Error

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 1:24 am

Please post the details of your system as per the FAQs
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve