DaVinci Corrupt files data mosh

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Valterkuechelrivera

DaVinci Corrupt files data mosh

PostTue Mar 21, 2023 12:23 am

I imported video files to my project but when I play them back they have color glitches and data mosh. When I see the original file they are not like that. I´ve tried re-linking, moving the files to another location, deleting cache files and it´s not working.
I´m using the free resolve version with a Lumix s5II in 8 bits.

This started happening recently. I have done shoots that didn´t get corrupted like that. And now every thing I record, turns out like this.

I have tried using different sd cards and it´s not that.
Attachments
Captura de pantalla 2023-03-20 182123.png
This is the data mosh/ corruption
Captura de pantalla 2023-03-20 182123.png (238.01 KiB) Viewed 434 times
Last edited by Valterkuechelrivera on Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

carlomacchiavello

Re: DaVinci Corrupt files data mosh

PostWed Mar 22, 2023 8:07 pm

Davinci not corrupt file, be cause read only file.
windows usually do that.
If you check Tom’s hardware news every two three weeks they claim new of win 10/11 to avoid user corruption, volumes corruption and more…
Anyway I use win and Mac from 30 years and I saw only three time files corruptions under windows (lucky I’m paranoic guy that do many md5 checked backup before to start to work).

Check original file.
This kind of weirdness is usually some byte corrupted file, usually crc error of hdd, or on ssd after power interruption or correction did under windows from chkdsk command when read an external or internal support disconnected without in mount option or after power interruption.
I disabled it on my win machine from many times, more damage than solution.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Mar 22, 2023 11:34 pm

Another recent user with a similar looking artifact was using Sony Alpha 7 IV 10 bit H.265 mp4 files with free Resolve on Windows.

If you are using free Resolve on Windows, then that would be the issue. Need the Studio version for that file type.

If you'd like to send a link to a sample file, we can verify.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Valterkuechelrivera

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 5:29 pm

carlomacchiavello wrote:Davinci not corrupt file, be cause read only file.
windows usually do that.
If you check Tom’s hardware news every two three weeks they claim new of win 10/11 to avoid user corruption, volumes corruption and more…
Anyway I use win and Mac from 30 years and I saw only three time files corruptions under windows (lucky I’m paranoic guy that do many md5 checked backup before to start to work).

Check original file.
This kind of weirdness is usually some byte corrupted file, usually crc error of hdd, or on ssd after power interruption or correction did under windows from chkdsk command when read an external or internal support disconnected without in mount option or after power interruption.
I disabled it on my win machine from many times, more damage than solution.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Original files are ok. Any other ideas?

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 6:55 pm

That file type is not supported on free Windows Resolve.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to DaVinci Resolve