Best Settings for Instagram Reels

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

fischy

Best Settings for Instagram Reels

PostTue Nov 15, 2022 9:51 pm

Hello blackmagic forum, i hope you can help me. I'm filming with an A7IV. I want to know which settings i have to activate and deactivate in the deliver tab. I experimented alot but never gotten this clear footage, like other instagram reels. Can u help me to understand how the fps i film, changes something in my timeline if i set it to 24 fps. If somebody can tell me what the best export settings are for the cleanest reels and for what i should look for, that would be nice. Thanks alot for helping me.

Have a good one.
Florian

Igor Riđanović

Re: Best Settings for Instagram Reels

PostWed Nov 16, 2022 12:23 am

https://later.com/blog/instagram-reels/ ... _SECTION_3

They don't mention the frame rate, but it's reasonable to expect they accept 24 fps.

Just set your project to 1080x1920. The Deliver page will follow.
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

rafaelrobertson

PostTue Nov 29, 2022 12:38 pm

fischy wrote:Hello blackmagic forum, i hope you can help me. I'm filming with an A7IV. I want to know which settings i have to activate and deactivate in the deliver tab. I experimented alot but never gotten this clear footage, like other instagram reels. Can u help me to understand how the fps i film, changes something in my timeline if i set it to 24 fps. If somebody can tell me what the best export settings are for the cleanest reels and for what i should look for, that would be nice. Thanks alot for helping me.
DailyFollows
Have a good one.
Florian

I am also here for the same question's answer.

Mario69Rossi

PostWed Mar 29, 2023 10:15 pm

I use this settings:
Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 22.13.01.png
Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 22.13.01.png (158.52 KiB) Viewed 1403 times

Anyone has experimented with h.265/h.264, frame rate and bit rate and care to share what's the best results?
DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5
MacBook Pro M1 (2020) | 16GB ram | 1TB SSD
macOS Sonoma 14.4

fischy

PostThu Mar 30, 2023 7:37 pm

Hello

thanks for the picture i will try this one next time. I bought the a7 siii now maybe it will get better but im just trying alot and for me it seems premiere just exports better for ig idk. But when i foind a good export setting i will share it.
Thanks

Mario69Rossi

PostFri Mar 31, 2023 8:46 am

fischy wrote:Hello

thanks for the picture i will try this one next time. I bought the a7 siii now maybe it will get better but im just trying alot and for me it seems premiere just exports better for ig idk. But when i foind a good export setting i will share it.

You can have the same export as Adobe Premiere because Adobe uses this codec that you can purchase for DR as well, at a cost: https://www.mainconcept.com/blackmagic-plugins
DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5
MacBook Pro M1 (2020) | 16GB ram | 1TB SSD
macOS Sonoma 14.4

rafaelrobertson

PostMon Apr 03, 2023 8:28 pm

@fischy To get clear footage when filming with your Sony A7IV, there are a few things you can do:

Make sure you are shooting in the correct frame rate for your project. If you are shooting for social media like Instagram reels, 24fps is a good choice. You can change the frame rate in the camera settings.

Use a tripod or stabilization rig to keep the camera steady. This will prevent shaky footage and make the video look more professional.

Set the aperture, shutter speed, and ISO according to the lighting conditions. In general, you want to use a low ISO and a shutter speed that is double your frame rate (e.g., 1/50th for 24fps) to avoid motion blur.

When it comes to exporting your video for Instagram reels, here are some recommended settings:

Resolution: 1080x1920 pixels (vertical)

Frame rate: 24fps

Codec: H.264

Bitrate: 5-10 Mbps

Audio: AAC, 44.1 kHz, stereo, 128 kbps

In addition to these settings, you may also want to consider using color grading software to enhance the colors and contrast of your footage. There are many options available, such as Adobe Premiere Pro, DaVinci Resolve, or Final Cut Pro.

I hope this helps you achieve the clear footage you are looking for. Good luck with your filming!

anoopck@1

PostWed Jan 24, 2024 9:19 pm

Getting the video to look smooth and precise for Instagram Reels is essential. I've tried shooting videos at a high frame rate, like 60 fps, and then changing it to 24 fps when editing. This helps make the video look more likeable, like a movie. When you're ready to post it, keep the video high-quality but not too big. I usually go for 1080p resolution, which works well.

I'm more into TikTok, and the same tips work there, too. I even tried buying likes for my videos once, and it cost me about $10 for a few likes.
Config
CPU: Intel Dual Xeon E5-2670
Workstation: HP Z820
Graphics: Nvidia Quadro K5200
Ram: 96 Gb

Return to DaVinci Resolve