Activation Key Support!!

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

skeeb23

Activation Key Support!!

PostSun May 28, 2023 4:48 pm

Greetings,

I've seen other posts here but nothing very recent on this.
I'm a content creator and I recently upgraded to Windows 11. Well, I had thought I transferred all important files but lost my email logs from 2022 when I bought Davinci Resolve Studio. Lesson learned to copy the code somewhere else, but I need to find out how to get that code back?

I did email support but being a holiday weekend I have no idea how soon I will hear back and I have video's I need to edit. I paid through paypal so I do have the invoice from paypal but of course the key wasn't on the invoice. I hope this will be enough proof of my purchase because I don't have another $300 sitting around to do this again.

Anyone out there had any success buying through online like this and recovering your key? I sure hope so. I'm guessing emailing support is my only option?

jmorby

Re: Activation Key Support!!

PostSun May 28, 2023 5:12 pm

Who did you buy it through?

I wasn’t aware it was possible to buy a key online, only via physical delivery of a little card with the numbers on?

That key is good for two active installations, a 3rd activation will deactivate the originally activated system(s).

Obviously with hindsight you now realise the key importance of backups extending to license keys as well as your media. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lover of film, IT geek, editor, creator and sailor
Using Davinci Resolve Studio (Licensed)

cyberphile

PostSun May 28, 2023 9:59 pm

Can you contact the seller and ask if they have any records? The activation card has an activation key and a serial number. If your seller kept a copy of at least the serial number, BMD may be able to generate a new activation key.
DR Studio 18.5.1
GTX 1070 8GB VRAM
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 16GB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

Jim Simon

PostMon May 29, 2023 12:01 am

skeeb23 wrote:I need to find out how to get that code back?
Time machine, maybe.

That code is like cash. You lose it... :(
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

KeyframeAerial

PostFri Jul 21, 2023 9:25 pm

Same thing happened to me. Did you ever get this resolved?

Return to DaVinci Resolve