My Davinci Resolve(Free) stopped working...

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

FL607AE

My Davinci Resolve(Free) stopped working...

PostTue Jun 06, 2023 5:55 am

Backstory: I was editing a video for the first time yesterday with Davinci Resolve 16. I saved my projects and backed them up before deciding to update to 18, because of course updated software is better right? Well it is but I can't use it lol.

Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8
16GB Installed Ram
Microsoft 10 V 10.0.19045
AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT

Problem: When I opened the Resolve 18 and opened my project and it was there and in proper place it seemed BUT; EVERYTHING in my media pool is just blank (grey box NOT media offline). Throughout all of my directories of media they all display like this. My timeline clips are completely blue and not displaying any of the visuals. The clips just have a little arrow moving symbol on all of them like this kinda ( [<>] ).
The preview is also completely blank and when I press play, absolutely nothing happens. This problem persists with ANY project new or saved.

I have tried: Restarting PC - Rolling back AMD Graphics driver to 23.4.1 recommended by Blackmagicdesign - Complete uninstall and reinstall of DavinciResolve - DavinciResolve 18.5 Beta - Disabling my USB monitor

This is what it looks like as a whole.
Attachments
DaVinci Resolve_2023.06.06-01.14_1.png
My Resolve screen.
DaVinci Resolve_2023.06.06-01.14_1.png (163.59 KiB) Viewed 639 times

Andy Mees

Re: My Davinci Resolve(Free) stopped working...

PostTue Jun 06, 2023 1:52 pm

What codec Michael? It's possible that licensing issue might mean the newer version has actually removed support (in the Free version) for the codec you were previously using without problems in Resolve 16. Of course, it might be a completely different issue, but we have to start somewhere. For what its worth, the clip colour and the symbols you are seeing (on the Cut page) is all normal.

VMFXBV

PostWed Jun 07, 2023 3:53 pm

Have you tried unlinking and relinking the media?
AMD Ryzen 5800X3D
AMD Radeon 7900XTX
Ursa Mini 4.6K
Pocket 4K

WildlifeVideo

PostWed Jun 07, 2023 4:51 pm

Resolve 18 works with the new AMD driver. Try it.
Ryzen 9 5900x and a RX 6700XT 12 GB GPU with 64 gigs of 3600 ram, two 1 gig SSD, 6 TB internal, 15 gig external 7200 spinners.
Resolve Studio, Creative Cloud (PS/LR), Studio One v6, Mercalli SA v6 AI

gururcf88

PostWed Jun 07, 2023 5:20 pm

For me All of sudden all 422 10bit MP4 files are getting imported as media offline. Just sound no video. I am using mac(intel) os Ventura 13.4. I have tried reinstalling the resolve and did not worked. I tried installing Resolve 18.5 beta again same issue. Relinking is not working either anyways I am getting media offline for fresh imports. Not sure how to fix this.

Marc Wielage

PostWed Jun 07, 2023 10:38 pm

gururcf88 wrote:For me All of sudden all 422 10bit MP4 files are getting imported as media offline. Just sound no video. I am using mac(intel) os Ventura 13.4. I have tried reinstalling the resolve and did not worked. I tried installing Resolve 18.5 beta again same issue. Relinking is not working either anyways I am getting media offline for fresh imports. Not sure how to fix this.

Are you using the free version or Resolve Studio? Only Resolve Studio supports 10-bit H.264.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jun 08, 2023 5:34 am

@Michael:

In a File Explorer window, go to:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here. Make sure the links don't require access credentials.

If you are a new Forum user, you may not be allowed to post URLs. If this happens, just put a space near the front of the URL, so the system doesn't think it's a URL.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to DaVinci Resolve