16.1 Network Optimization Problem, & Missing from Manual

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Michael_Andreas

16.1 Network Optimization Problem, & Missing from Manual

PostSat Oct 19, 2019 1:13 pm

Sitting on the sidelines for the moment letting others be the pioneers adopting version 16.1, and seeing whether it's stable.

I've noticed a number of messages relating to defective renders, and that seems to be identified as a problem with the Delivery page's Network Optimization setting, with the workaround to turn it off.

I wondered what Network Optimization was (found the checkbox on the Delivery Page right below the Format and Codec settings with MP4 selected). But I couldn't find "Network Optimization" in the shiny new Resolve 16.1 Manual posted on the Support page on the website. After digging a bit more I went back to an earlier version of the manual and found a description of this feature. So somehow this got lost when updating the manual.

While talking about 16.1, seems there may be an issue on Macs with optimized media being lost, with the solution to regenerate optimized media.

I think that there should be a pinned post listing these types of problems and their work-arounds. Would also be nice to get an estimate for 16.1.1 fixing these issues.

Return to DaVinci Resolve