Playback keeps stopping in Resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

annikadegroot

Playback keeps stopping in Resolve

PostTue Dec 31, 2019 6:09 am

Hi,

Resolve keeps stopping during playback. It pauses when I playback in both the Edit page and the Media page. It will play for a few seconds then just stop.

I tried turning on Performance mode, which had no meaningful effect. I've tried the usual tricks for optimizing playback to no avail - even reduced the de-Bayer resolution down to quarter res.

The footage is 8k Red code. This behavior is the same with the decode setting on decompressed + de-Bayer and also de-Bayer only.

I've updated my NVidia driver to Studio driver 441.66.

I've included my system information and diagnostic log.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Attachments
System Info.zip
(91.6 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20191230-211612.zip
(143.72 KiB) Downloaded 40 times

David Thomas

Re: Playback keeps stopping in Resolve

PostWed Jan 22, 2020 11:14 pm

I have the same problem with an HD timeline. It is inconsistent. Half the time, the Play command L will display a few frames and then stop. A second press of the key continues playback, usually without a pause.

ColoristVan

Re: Playback keeps stopping in Resolve

PostThu Oct 19, 2023 9:18 pm

Hey,

Not sure if this helps, but I was having the same issues out of the blue and tried all of the usual tricks. I discovered that it was caused by my speed editor. Not sure if you have one but for some reason if I use it via Bluetooth my playback freezes and drops for no reason. I plugged it in and the issue went away completely. If you don't have a speed editor it could maybe be from another Bluetooth device? Something to test as it appears to be the cause for the issues I was having. I can unplug it and the issue comes back instantly, as soon as I plug it in playback works properly in all tabs.

Return to DaVinci Resolve