Input focus issue - DR Studio 16.1.2.026

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ruagod

Input focus issue - DR Studio 16.1.2.026

PostWed Jan 01, 2020 4:33 am

Davinci Resolve Studio 16.1.2.026 (and previous versions; macOS 10.13.6) has a very annoying behavior with respect to the auto-save and/or live-save functionality. I am frequently typing text into a Text title in the Inspector when DR pops up the "Saving..." dialogue, grabs focus away from the text I'm typing, then doesn't return focus to where I'm typing. The problem is that I often get a half-dozen or so characters typed before it registers in my brain that I'm no longer typing in the Text title. In the meantime, some of those characters are keyboard shortcut characters that do who-knows-what. For example, I now have the Edit tab in a state where when I copy and paste a text title, it now pastes it at the end of the timeline instead of where the current-time indicator/playhead is. I have no idea how to get it out of this state so I can copy-and-paste text titles where I want them to go.
macOS Catalina 10.15.7
2.8 GHz 10-core Intel i9
64GB RAM
Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
DVR Studio 17.x (always kept up-to-date)

pnguyen720

Re: Input focus issue - DR Studio 16.1.2.026

PostThu Jan 16, 2020 6:29 pm

Not sure if it's the same issue but when I want to paste text into another track instead of the existing track, Resolve just puts it back into the existing track. It should paste into whatever track is selected.

Where are bugs like this reported so they can be addressed in later versions? I'm not sure if this sub forum is the proper place.

Jim Simon

PostThu Jan 16, 2020 6:59 pm

ruagod wrote:DR pops up the "Saving..." dialogue

That's related to Project Backups, not Live Save. You can turn that off and backup manually, or increase the duration between saves.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Jim Simon

PostThu Jan 16, 2020 7:00 pm

ruagod wrote:it now pastes it at the end of the timeline instead of where the current-time indicator/playhead is.

Best guess is that an In point has been set there.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

chrismcqueen

PostTue Jun 30, 2020 10:09 pm

Bumping this -- with regards to the original poster's concern, about 50% of the time I'm typing into a Text field it loses focus. I suppose this is because it's making backups. Is this really the best solution? Hard to imagine it couldn't be a bug fix. Focus should return to the text box.

Am I missing an update or better fix?

Thanks in advance!

Jim Simon

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 3:14 pm

I don't create enough titles to see the issue. All you can do is report it here and hope it gets fixed.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Return to DaVinci Resolve