Render Cache Not Working in Collaboration Mode

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

timberthrax

Render Cache Not Working in Collaboration Mode

PostFri Jan 24, 2020 1:58 am

Forgive the new post on the topic, but previous threads discussing this issue are from before this feature (supposedly) existed.

Previous threads are linked below.

The manual says:

I have not been able to get this to work. In a collaborative project, if I update the render cache locations in project settings, they change on both ends. Is there something I need to enable? I'm hoping someone can shed some light.

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Not sure I understand the question.

There are currently 2 cache options:

The Default cache path, which is the first path defined in Resolve Preferences - System - Media Storage. That would be user specific per system.

The Project Settings - Master Settings - Working Folders cache path, which can be set on a project basis.

How do we "choose" one or the other?

I am currently synchronizing my render cache directories and making them appear to be in the same location on both machines. It kinda works but I am having odd caching issues and I'm guessing that's why.

Previous threads on this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=83697
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=67662
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=71345
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=81318
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=66727

Ale_Zakko

Re: Render Cache Not Working in Collaboration Mode

PostTue Jan 26, 2021 5:03 pm

Same here. On Beta 17 how can i set two different user cache on collaboration project stored on postgresql qnap nas? All media are stored on nas with mapped drive on windows. On Davinci Media folder i see that Davinci creates a specific folder called collaboration, but i don't understand how to create a cache folder on a local user disk. Many thanks!

perfektionsloge

PostTue Jul 20, 2021 1:44 pm

Have you found the solution for individual cache settings for each workstation/user?

Ale_Zakko

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 2:43 pm

perfektionsloge wrote:Have you found the solution for individual cache settings for each workstation/user?

yes. i resolved using same disk cache label in every machine; for example, on my pc, my cache ssd it's labeled E. Same to the other pc, cache ssd it's labeled E. In davinci resolve setting project, i selected the disk E in collaboration mode. That's it! ;)

Return to DaVinci Resolve