Text+ color sampler broken

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

aglyons

Text+ color sampler broken

PostSat Feb 01, 2020 6:32 pm

The color sampler for font color in the text+ title is broken. It will not sample a color beneath the cursor.

v16.1.2.026

Jason Conrad

Re: Text+ color sampler broken

PostSat Feb 01, 2020 7:31 pm

You're right. On the edit page, the eyedropper doesn't work for a text+. The system dialogue works (click on the color swatch to bring it up), but not the Resolve eyedropper on the edit page. It works better on the fusion page, but (IMHO) is a little glitchy if you're trying to pick thru a text+ layer to an image merged below, because the alpha flip-flops one and zero.
-MacBook Pro (14,3) i7 2.9 GHz 16 GB, Intel 630, AMD 560 x1
-[DR 17.0 Beta9]

Jack Swart

PostSat Feb 01, 2020 8:12 pm

Confirmed.
In Text+ the eyedropper icon does nothing.
Also does not work in Fusion Text+.

But if you click on the colour patch to invoke the palate, then the eyedropper does work.
DR Studio 18.6.3 b19, OS 13.2.1
2023 Mac Studio M1 Ultra, 20 core CPU, 48 core GPU, 128 GB ram
BM 3G ultra studio, 12TB SSDs in raid 0, 16TB HDD backup, 56TB archive server.
Tangent Elements panel, TV logic XVW-245W

Jason Conrad

PostMon Feb 03, 2020 2:42 am

Jack Swart wrote:Confirmed.

But if you click on the colour patch to invoke the palate, then the eyedropper does work.

In Fusion, you have to click-hold, and drag over to the viewer without letting go to get it to do anything, but for me, when it does do something, it jumps back and forth between full alpha and no alpha (dunno if using a trackpad has something to do with it?) The click-hold-drag maneuver isn't a very common UI behavior for Mac color pickers. I knew it worked that way in Fusion 8 & 9, which is why I checked OP, to see if maybe he was trying to click-lift-click. But he's right, neither method works on edit page.
-MacBook Pro (14,3) i7 2.9 GHz 16 GB, Intel 630, AMD 560 x1
-[DR 17.0 Beta9]

aglyons

PostMon Feb 03, 2020 3:20 am

Jason Conrad wrote:
Jack Swart wrote:Confirmed.

In Fusion, you have to click-hold, and drag over to the viewer without letting go to get it to do anything, but for me, when it does do something, it jumps back and forth between full alpha and no alpha (dunno if using a trackpad has something to do with it?) The click-hold-drag maneuver isn't a very common UI behavior for Mac color pickers. I knew it worked that way in Fusion 8 & 9, which is why I checked OP, to see if maybe he was trying to click-lift-click. But he's right, neither method works on edit page.

I tried the drag and drop method as I've seen that before too. As you discovered, no dice.

dave4443

PostWed May 12, 2021 3:07 pm

plz fix :(

Return to DaVinci Resolve