Buying Resolve Studio gives you one or two licenses?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

onejiujitsu

Buying Resolve Studio gives you one or two licenses?

PostMon Feb 24, 2020 7:41 pm

I purchased Resolve Studio. I have it on my home desktop on a windows 10 machine. I just bought an iMac. I would like it on there as well. When I installed it on my mac, it asked for my license and I used the old one from my Windows. It worked, but I think it booted me from my Windows machine, because when I logged on Resolve with my Windows machine, it asked me for my license again. So should I assume that a purchase of Resolve studio only gets you one license? One machine at a time?

roger.magnusson

Re: Buying Resolve Studio gives you one or two licenses?

PostMon Feb 24, 2020 7:51 pm

It's one license with two simultaneous activations. If you activate on a third machine the first one is deactivated.

That doesn't sound like what you have described though. Any chance it was already activated twice?

onejiujitsu

PostMon Feb 24, 2020 8:10 pm

I think you're right. I may have used a second laptop long time ago. How can I deactivate a machine?

roger.magnusson

PostMon Feb 24, 2020 8:21 pm

It's in the Help menu. But since it automatically deactivates older activations you don't need to unless you want to.

All this info is in the FAQ.

Return to DaVinci Resolve