Hook Tool for Windows (Freeware)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

TiDa

Hook Tool for Windows (Freeware)

PostSat Mar 21, 2020 11:38 am

Hook is a small tool which will change some behavior of the Keyboard, Key Pad and Mouse to support functions of Cut and Edit Page in Davinci Resolve.
The Mouse Wheel can be activated to nudge left or right for ripple edits. The use of keys like A or D will toggle backward or forward clips and activates timeline resize functions for ripple edits.
The numerical keypad will be used for One Point Edits supported by keyboard and mouse inputs. Remaining keys can be assigned using Shift+Function Key customization.

Attached you will find the program as well as a small manual. Would be happy for any feedback.

(Did delete File by myself as I believe I should at first make a post about possible improvents.)
Last edited by TiDa on Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roger.magnusson

Re: Hook Tool for Windows (Freeware)

PostSat Mar 21, 2020 3:07 pm

I don't think anyone should run your Windows executable unless they know who you are and exactly what the app does. The forum rules states that you have to use your real, full name.

TiDa

PostSat Mar 21, 2020 4:11 pm

Yes, I understand. The routines for programming Keyboard and Mouse Hooks are also used for creation of viruses etc. But even the real name is no a guarantee and in this case I'm a hobby videographer and I don't like the idea to go public in the internet.

Dieter Scheel

PostSat Mar 21, 2020 5:54 pm

TiDa wrote:Yes, I understand. The routines for programming Keyboard and Mouse Hooks are also used for creation of viruses etc. But even the real name is no a guarantee and in this case I'm a hobby videographer and I don't like the idea to go public in the internet.

No, you don't understand. It's a rule. We all go by the rule. If you don't like it, then stay away. It's that simple.
Resolve Studio 18.6 | Linux Mint 21.3 'Virginia' | 32 GB | i7 | RTX2070 8 GB (535.161.07) | 2 TB SSD | 48 TB NAS
Lenovo Legion | Resolve Studio 18.6 | Linux Mint 21.3 'Virginia' | 16 GB | i5 | GTX1650 4 GB (535.161.07) | 1.25 TB SSD

Return to DaVinci Resolve