Dissolve Transitions not Render caching

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Likeaboz

Dissolve Transitions not Render caching

PostFri Mar 27, 2020 4:54 am

Maybe someone has had this problem before as well, just trying to figure out what I can do.

Been working in Resolve 15 (Haven't upgraded to 16 yet by choice, maybe I will soon if it will solve my dilemma). I have a short film in my timeline that is about 15 minutes long or so. Any dissolve transition i put between clips does not want to render in my timeline. All my other clips render fine and I have the blue line across the top of the timeline but every spot where there's a dissolve transition added (Cross dissolve, Blur dissolve, etc.) has the red line over it and will not render. I have selected the entire timeline, right clicked and turned Render Cache output on. But the transitions will not render.

As a result, any point where there's a transition, it gets very choppy and glitchy and lags until it gets to the next clip, and even sometimes still lags until I stop and start it again. Wondering if there's anything I can do in the program. I've even moved to different computers with the same result. 3 separate computers, still giving the same output.

Any tips?

Jim Simon

Re: Dissolve Transitions not Render caching

PostFri Mar 27, 2020 1:24 pm

Looking at Project Settings>Master Settings>Optimized Media and Render Cache...is the Transition option checked?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Likeaboz

Re: Dissolve Transitions not Render caching

PostSat Mar 28, 2020 3:57 am

Jim Simon wrote:Looking at Project Settings>Master Settings>Optimized Media and Render Cache...is the Transition option checked?

Yep! That worked. Thanks!

Return to DaVinci Resolve