"Add to Render Queue" button is greyed out (Davinci Resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

tsoto647

"Add to Render Queue" button is greyed out (Davinci Resolve

PostFri Apr 03, 2020 8:25 pm

I created a short animated text project using the fusion tab in Davinci Resolve 15. In setting up the timeline, I did the following:
Effects Library --> Toolbox --> Generators --> Solid Color --> Right Click --> Click "New Compound Clip"

Elements (nodes) of the project only include background, text, rectangles, and a "media out" node. I can view the video on my timeline, so I know the nodes are connected to the compound clip.

When I try to export, the "Add to Render Queue" button is greyed out. I have seen multiple videos and forums trying to fix this problem, but none of the suggestions have worked for me. Here is a screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/N9Ithie

What am I doing wrong? Is there a workaround for this?

I'm relatively new to DaVinci, so pleased bear with me if any of my terminology is incorrect.

Jim Simon

Re: "Add to Render Queue" button is greyed out (Davinci Reso

PostFri Apr 03, 2020 10:42 pm

You can't render out from within a Compound Clip. You'd have to go back into the main timeline.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve