Davinci 15 multicam problem

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Noah Shaye

Davinci 15 multicam problem

PostSun Apr 05, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi all!!

I'm a complete newbie to Davinci but I'm really excited about migrating from premiere. I think the software looks amazing but I'm having a major issue (for me) and I hope someone can help me figure it out. My specialty is live music videos (I'm also a professional musician) and I do almost all my videos with a minimum of 9 cams. The video in question that I'm working on has 11, all Nikon and all 25fps. I created the multicam clip and with the good audio separate which I then linked manually in the new multicam timeline. Up to this point everything is fine. The problems start when I try and edit. My method for editing in PP (which has never given me problems) has been to play the video in real time until I find an edit point. I then stop the video, double click the multi cam timeline to see my 11 cams, and then pick the new angle and keep going. What I'm finding is that the video sync gets more and more out of sync as I let it go on playing in real time. BUT, if I start again at the point where I stopped it, its synced up again, so obviously its some sort of playback issue, but I'm not dropping any frames. Does this make sense to anyone??

Thanks!!

Noah Shaye

https://vimeo.com/nsav
(my vimeo page)

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Davinci 15 multicam problem

PostMon Apr 06, 2020 4:39 am

Can you consider upgrading to 16.2 as there are a lot of multicam fixes between v15 and 16.2.

If you do, back up the database first. Export a drp of the project too.. and when you do a backup of the project restore it with a different name. Then when you do the v16 install, it will ask you to upgrade the DB.. do that for the restored DB, not the original v15 DB.

Also, please report your system details as it might just not be powerful enough for what you are trying on Resolve without pre-generating optimized media. Codec type has a big impact too.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Noah Shaye

Re: Davinci 15 multicam problem

PostMon Apr 13, 2020 8:20 am

Thanks Peter! I'll check it out!!

Return to DaVinci Resolve