Fusion text disappears

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

crystalpulse

Fusion text disappears

PostSun Apr 05, 2020 8:46 pm

I'm having a pretty regular bug where the Lower Thirds I've added to my project just aren't appearing. The layer is visible, I can preview them in the Fusion tab but they just won't appear in the timeline. I can see Resolve rendering line, it completes it and they just aren't there. Sometimes a reboot fixes it, other times, like right now, nothing fixes it. I've cleared all the caches, reinstalled the app. Nothing will fix it tonight :/
Anyone else come across this bug?
Thanks in advance,

Chris

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Fusion text disappears

PostMon Apr 06, 2020 9:32 am

Please see the FAQs at the top of this DaVinci Forum for details we need to assist.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Apr 06, 2020 9:36 am

moved to davinci forum for better exposure
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Derek Howard

PostTue Apr 07, 2020 2:02 pm

There are a few possible causes for this. Some screenshots or an example project would help figure out the problem.

But for now, how you checked that the duration of each of your nodes is set to last the full length of the clip? You can check this by opening the Keyframe tab and you will see all the nodes listed there looking more like the layers many are used to from After Effects. Once there, look through and make sure each of these extend through the full duration of your clip.

Return to DaVinci Resolve