Sony MXF codec OFFLINE after upgrade to version 16.2

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Oscar.mayer

Sony MXF codec OFFLINE after upgrade to version 16.2

PostMon Apr 06, 2020 10:18 am

Hi friends!

I'm having a really weird issue and I can't find any solution.

I've been using Resolve 16 for several months, and I decided to purchase the studio version, so I could use all the other features not included in the free version. To my surprise, I found out that I can't buy it straight from Blackmagic website and need to be purchased from an authorized dealer. The next problem I encountered Is that I'm currently based in Indonesia and the online authorized dealers don't even have the 16 version, the only one I could find had the 15 version and is asking for 7.000.000 IDR which is around 420 USD.

In the end, I decided to go back to the free version for now. To my surprise :cry: :cry: , when I opened the project all my MXF footage from my FS7 appears offline and I can't relink it. I tried to open other projects and I have the same issue.

I've been using Resolve 16 version for 2 months and I never had this issue.

Has anyone had this issue before and know how to fix it?

Jim Simon

Re: Sony MXF codec OFFLINE after upgrade to version 16.2

PostMon Apr 06, 2020 1:56 pm

There are some codecs that were deprecated in the Free version of 16.

You may have to fork over the $420. (Which is still a damn good price for what you get, compared to other offerings.)

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Sony MXF codec OFFLINE after upgrade to version 16.2

PostTue Apr 07, 2020 7:19 am

DaVinci Resolve Studio 16 is a free upgrade from DaVinci Resolve Studio 15 so if thats all the reseller has you can purchase that and use the v16.2 from the BMD web site.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve