How do you replace auto synced audio in timeline?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

petelutz

How do you replace auto synced audio in timeline?

PostMon Apr 06, 2020 2:12 pm

I synced RED footage with the poly files from the mixer and cut the project together. Now when I click and highlight just the audio track in the timeline and select Find in Media Pool it finds the RED clip and not the audio file. I need it to find the original raw audio clip instead, from the timeline. Now when I export an EDL or XML those audio tracks point to nothing. If I can reconnect, or conform the audio in the timeline with the original raw audio in the media pool the XML workes beautifully. Is there a way to easily replace all that synced audio with the audio files in the media pool?

Selecting Conform Lock with Media Pool Clip almost does it. It does point to the raw audio after that. It also replaces tracks 2-8 with the audio from track 1, so that's no good. I'd have to do that one at a time. Is there a way to do this to the whole timeline that works?

AndyGalster

Re: How do you replace auto synced audio in timeline?

PostFri Dec 03, 2021 1:25 pm

Same problem here... This is a really big bug. As soon as you synced audio/video and append to timeline, you basically cannot rename your file and replace clips because resolve does not create real links between the audio track and the audio source file... It's like it places the audio track without any reference to the original audio file...

https://www.reddit.com/r/davinciresolve ... deo_after/

Cesar Tejada

PostThu Feb 29, 2024 9:23 pm

This is my headache today. I would like to have an easy way to "match frame" to the original audio file or to "decompose" to the original audio file in the timeline. That way I won't be limited to the synced video handles.
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Processor: Intel i7-13700K 16 Cores
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070
Memory: Corsair DDR5 64GB
MB: ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI

Joe Shapiro

PostThu Feb 29, 2024 10:11 pm

Agreed this aspect - especially not being able to export XML that points to the synced audio - is a really big hole in Resolve.
Director, Editor, Problem Solver. Been cutting indie features for 23 years. FCP editor from version 2 to 7.
Resolve 18.6.6
MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max 64GB RAM, macOS 14.2.1
MacBook Air 13" M1 8GB RAM, macOS 14.2.1

Jim Simon

PostFri Mar 01, 2024 4:36 pm

Cesar Tejada wrote:I would like...
There is a forum for Feature Requests where we can ask for new things.

viewforum.php?f=33

Best practice is to search first, to see if someone already asked. If not, post one idea per thread with a very brief description of the idea in the thread's title.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve