Making DaVinci Resolve available as a Snap for Linux

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

MrJoeM

Making DaVinci Resolve available as a Snap for Linux

PostSun May 17, 2020 1:20 am

So I have heard of Resolve, and it seems to be a very be a very well editor, and I would very much like to use it. However, it is very difficult and complicated to install of Linux, with lots of hidden dependencies, hardware requirements are not made very clear to me personally, and poor support outside of CentOS.
I would like to suggest that you make it available to install as a Snap to make the process easier and make Resolve more available on a wide variety of distros beyond just CentOS.
It's maintained by Canonical, developers of Ubuntu, and is available by default on Ubuntu and fairly easy to install on other distros.
snapcraft.io is the website if you would like to check it out.

marcobubke

Re: Making DaVinci Resolve available as a Snap for Linux

PostWed Jul 28, 2021 10:47 am

I think flatpak would be a better candidate because it is supported on much more distributions and you can setup your own repository. So far snap is actively maintained on ubuntu only.

Return to DaVinci Resolve