Resolve 16.1.2.26 Reconform from bins not working

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Ernest Savage

Resolve 16.1.2.26 Reconform from bins not working

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 5:44 pm

Hello,

I rendered out some clips, brought them back in, tried the Reconform from bins and it doesn't work. I can manually force conform and color trace to the same clips just fine.

The rendered clips are the same number of frames, same source timecode, and same reel name. Please see screenshot.

I also used Resolve's %Reel Name function to change the clip names to the reel names to attempt to reconform from clip name. That didn't work either.
Attachments
reconform_from_bin.PNG
reconform_from_bin.PNG (165.98 KiB) Viewed 992 times
Windows 10, Latest DR, GB TRX40, AMD 3970X, 2xRTX Titan, 128 Gb RAM, PCIe 4.0 SSD (boot), PCIe 4.0 SSD Raid 0 (cache) 14Gb/s, BM 4K, Raid 5 3.3Gb/s (storage). Mac 2019, OWC raid 0 (cache) 6GB/s, AMD MPX Pro Vega II, 256 GB RAM, 1Gb/s storage.

John Paines

Re: Resolve 16.1.2.26 Reconform from bins not working

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 6:11 pm

When you set up the reconform operation, did you select "set clips to conform lock enabled after conform"? It looks like the system doesn't know which clip you want to actually conform to, so you're being prompted to decide with conflict resolution.

Ernest Savage

PostFri Jun 05, 2020 5:56 am

Hi John,

Thanks for replying.

I’m double clicking the conflict badge to provide a visual example that the clips have identical reel names, frame lengths, and source timecode. Also to show that I have conform lock disabled for the clips in the timeline that I want to reconform from bin.

Resolve is not presenting that dialogue box after my reconform from bin attempts. The only error I get from Resolve, is that the timeline can not be reconformed.

As I understand, turning on conform lock in the reconform from bins dialogue box, only removes the conflict warning badge from clips, after the reconform.

I’ll turn it on though next time I try.

Thanks.
Windows 10, Latest DR, GB TRX40, AMD 3970X, 2xRTX Titan, 128 Gb RAM, PCIe 4.0 SSD (boot), PCIe 4.0 SSD Raid 0 (cache) 14Gb/s, BM 4K, Raid 5 3.3Gb/s (storage). Mac 2019, OWC raid 0 (cache) 6GB/s, AMD MPX Pro Vega II, 256 GB RAM, 1Gb/s storage.

Leonardo Levy

PostFri Jun 05, 2020 7:04 am

I had trouble getting this to work because I had more than one option checked off under "Conform Options." Even though I had exact name matches the option that worked was "Loose File Name Match" . I always make sure I have the resolution and Codec etc correct even though I'm not checking those options. Also I always had the clips in the timelines selected as well as the ones in the media pool. I don't know if any of that matters but it was working so I keep doing it.
2017 27" 5K Retina iMac, 4,2Ghz i7, 64G Memory, Radeon Pro 580 8GB,
secondary screen is 27" Apple Thunderbolt Display, 1T internal SSD

Return to DaVinci Resolve