Fusion nodes in DR suddenly gone

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

rudiklein

Fusion nodes in DR suddenly gone

PostSun Jun 28, 2020 2:04 pm

Hi,

I'm more than a little confused. I have been working on a project that included 6 small clips and about 30 mask- and merge nodes. The mask nodes contained expressions, one of the merge nodes was used for control. (You can have a look at:
to see what I was working on.)

I have been fiddling about with this project for the last couple of days. Did regular saves and I had automated backups enabled.

Today Fusion was somewhat unstable. Sometimes it would not show the output on the monitor. Nothing crazy. So, I restarted DR and went back into the project to find that all nodes were gone. Every clip only contained MediIn and MediaOut.

But I had my backups! 4 of them, so I was a lucky guy. Wrong! In all the backups the Fusion node information was missing.

This led me to believe that it is not a corrupt project (all clips and timelines are still there), but the link to the Fusion information is severed or the Fusion information itself is gone.

Or....I'm missing some knowledge here and this can be fixed by some obscure option, or worse: I screwed up.

I'm running 16.2.3.015 since yesterday, so maybe this new version broke something. I'm using a local database, not PostgreSQL.

I'm not to worried about my work that needs to be re-done, but I think we should be aware if there is a potential issue before one of us looses much more.

Any guesses?
Rudi Klein

OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU AMD Ryzen 7
Memory 32,0GB
Board Gigabyte X570 GAMING X
Graphics 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
Storage 465GB Samsung M.2 SSD 970 EVO 500GB

xunile

Re: Fusion nodes in DR suddenly gone

PostSun Jun 28, 2020 2:36 pm

If you goto the Fusion page, click the Clips button at the top, and then click on each of the clips that show at the bottom, do you not see any comps you were working on? How did you create the comps, did you right-click on video clips and choose Open In Fusion Page, add Fusion comps from the Effects Library, add Adjustment Clips, or create Fusion Clips?
Attachments
2020-06-28 (3).png
2020-06-28 (3).png (473.66 KiB) Viewed 914 times
Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

rudiklein

PostTue Jun 30, 2020 8:25 pm

Eric,

I understand your question, but I've already checked every possibility. It was working fine for a couple of days before it failed.

I picked one of the clips when I was working in Fusion and pulled the others in from the media panel.

After the last restart of DR all the nodes were gone. I thought the same as you: I'm looking at the wrong clip, but that wasn't the case. What really bugs me is that the backups have the same issue which means, in my opinion, that the Fusion information is gone.

I can start over again that's not the problem, but I'm worried if this is a problem that has been introduced in the latest version.
Rudi Klein

OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU AMD Ryzen 7
Memory 32,0GB
Board Gigabyte X570 GAMING X
Graphics 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
Storage 465GB Samsung M.2 SSD 970 EVO 500GB

Bones_

PostThu Sep 08, 2022 6:58 pm

This just happened to me too.

When I go to the fusion tab and look through the clips, I can see the ones that had fusion effects by the yellow stars, but when I click on a clip that I know for sure I had a planar tracker node on that I used for stabilizing it, the node is gone. Some of the clips with the yellow star, once I click on them, the yellow star disappears and all nodes are gone.

I guess this is a bug but is there any way to recover all the stabilizing I did?

DejayC

PostWed Sep 14, 2022 7:35 pm

Bones_ wrote:When I go to the fusion tab and look through the clips, I can see the ones that had fusion effects by the yellow stars

What happens when you select the clip from the Edit page and right-click and select "Open in Timeline", and then go to the Fusion page? Do your nodes appear?

Bones_

PostFri Sep 16, 2022 7:39 pm

DejayC wrote:What happens when you select the clip from the Edit page and right-click and select "Open in Timeline", and then go to the Fusion page? Do your nodes appear?

When I'm on the edit page, I right click the clip in the timeline, I don't see any "Open in Timeline" option, only "Open in Fusion Page"

Return to DaVinci Resolve