Resolve won't start

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

theACR1

Re: Resolve won't start

PostThu Jan 26, 2023 1:13 pm

hi dwaine

im having problems with davinci resolve. i have the latest version right now my computer, but ive also tried older versions, and every time i go to open the application it crashes within seconds, ive never been able to get past the splash screen. ive tried nearly everything. hope the dropbox link provides everything you need.

heres the dropbox link with my info
https://www<dot>dropbox<dot>com/sh/wbokler7qhn8eql/AAC_H2hUF0NtBL0f6EwN1gJIa?dl=0

(i put a spaces in the url so the message could go through)

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 10:35 pm

@Andrew: Open Windows Settings - Apps and Features, and in the list of programs, select DaVinci Resolve Control Panels, right click and select Uninstall.

Once the Control Panels app is uninstalled, Resolve should work.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

AssistantEditor1

PostTue Jan 31, 2023 5:39 am

Hello,

After updating from Davinci Resolve version 18.1.1 to 18.1.2 attempting to import any media results in instant crashing. Tried on multiple projects and databases but they all crash on import.

Downgrading back to 18.1.1 fixes the problem, but I like to stay updated if possible...never had any issues with updating before.

I'm on Mac Ventura 13.2
Intel (not M1 or M2)

Crash Log here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CT8tgo ... sp=sharing

theACR1

PostTue Jan 31, 2023 10:04 am

oh my god dwaine you are awesome it worked. thank you

DEMENS CEREBRUM

PostWed Feb 01, 2023 3:14 am

@Dwaine

hi dwaine

DaVinci does not want to start
of course I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest versions that were released (DaVinci_Resolve_18.1.2) and still nothing happens...but when I say nothing I mean nothing. the program does not start for a second. I tried everything that the internet and youtube have to offer and nothing helped. (I would also mention that I tried the pirated version just to see what the problem was and it didn't work either) and now I'm contacting you because I really love this software and I want to work on it all my life and I bought a laptop just for it so that it can support everything that the software requires but after 5 months of working ..it hasn't worked for almost 4 months now.

URL to the .NFO and file and Resolve Log:

https: //we.tl/t-fOZDwjGTCt

you have to understand that I really tried everything

so i really need some of your
magic to help me out

a little bit of that blackmagic :D

plz help
Luka

daveg123

PostWed Feb 01, 2023 4:08 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:The DisplayLink adapter would typically be there when you connect the laptop to a docking station, or perhaps have a USB/TB expansion adapter connected.

Make sure the laptop is not connected to ANYTHING external aside from the power supply, and see if the issue persists. If the issue does persist, send a new Resolve log and NFO file created with nothing external connected to the laptop.

Issue persists, even with nothing connected to the laptop.

Here is a fresh set of files, including a screenshot of the error on start up:

h s w w w dropbox.com/scl/fo/w9vc3rz8fh6xo5j1od2vm/h?dl=0&rlkey=yn5p0ezspyjnbfhd7ezbcycjp

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Feb 01, 2023 7:12 pm

@Luka:

Your config.dat and .config.data files are bad.

Open File Explorer Options, and on the View tab, enable "Show hidden files, folders and drives".

Also unselect "Hide extensions for known file types".

Then in File Explorer, navigate to this folder:

C:\Users\korisnik\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Preferences

Delete the config.dat and .config.data files.

Now Resolve should start.

It will recreate the config files with the default starting info. If you had any Preferences modifications made, be sure to reapply those after starting.

If Resolve still doesn't start, send a new Resolve log file.
Dwaine Maggart

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Feb 01, 2023 7:30 pm

@Dave: you said on the 13th that you had disabled the DameWare mirror driver, yet it shows up in every log. It looks to me like that's the likely suspect.

Open Windows Device Manager, select Display Adapters, and disable the DameWare adapter.

Then see what Resolve does. If it's still not working, send another Resolve log and .NFO created with the DameWare adapter disabled.
Dwaine Maggart

daveg123

PostWed Feb 01, 2023 11:29 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:@Dave: you said on the 13th that you had disabled the DameWare mirror driver, yet it shows up in every log. It looks to me like that's the likely suspect.

Open Windows Device Manager, select Display Adapters, and disable the DameWare adapter.

Then see what Resolve does. If it's still not working, send another Resolve log and .NFO created with the DameWare adapter disabled.

@Dwaine

Per your suggestion to another user I uninstalled the "DaVinci Resolve Control Panels", that fixed the problem.

Resolve now opens. Thanks.

AssistantEditor1

PostThu Feb 02, 2023 12:21 am

AssistantEditor1 wrote:Hello,

After updating from Davinci Resolve version 18.1.1 to 18.1.2 attempting to import any media results in instant crashing. Tried on multiple projects and databases but they all crash on import.

Downgrading back to 18.1.1 fixes the problem, but I like to stay updated if possible...never had any issues with updating before.

I'm on Mac Ventura 13.2
Intel (not M1 or M2)

Crash Log here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CT8tgo ... sp=sharing

@Dwaine

Any help would be infinitely appreciated

DEMENS CEREBRUM

PostThu Feb 02, 2023 2:34 am

@Dwaine

1. THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING :D ..THAT'S WHY YOU ARE THE KING OF BLACKMAGIC
2. YOU SUCCEEDED ON THE FIRST TRY..YOU SAVED ME..THANK YOU FOR EXISTING :D

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IT'S A WONDERFUL THING THAT YOU ARE THERE AND HELP PEOPLE SO PATIENTLY..I REALLY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT MORE TO DO AND YOU SOLVE ALL MY PROBLEMS IN ONE MOVE..
RESPECT FOR THAT

HAVE A GOOD ONE
YOUR THE BEST
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Feb 02, 2023 6:03 am

@Dave: That issue puts a very specific Resolve error into the Windows Error Reporting logs in the .NFO file.

The .NFO file you sent on 1-13 not only didn't have THAT error, it has NO errors from Resolve at all in the Windows Error Reporting log.

So maybe that was something that developed after 1-13.
Dwaine Maggart

jzhelp

PostSat Feb 04, 2023 1:34 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:You put them on a file sharing site and provide links to them here.

Since you are a new forum user, you may not be allowed to post URLs. If that happens, put a space near the front of the URL, so the system doesn't think its a URL.

just updated the post with links thank you

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Feb 06, 2023 5:58 pm

@Jose:

Your config.dat files is bad.

Open File Explorer Options, and on the View tab, enable "Show hidden files, folders and drives".

C:\Users\jose zavala\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Preferences

Delete the config.dat file.

It will recreate the config.dat with the default starting info. If you had any Preferences modifications made, be sure to reapply those after starting.

If Resolve still doesn't start, send a new Resolve log file.
Dwaine Maggart

jzhelp

PostFri Feb 24, 2023 12:40 am

thank you so much !!! it opened !!!

gienbfu

PostSun Mar 05, 2023 2:05 am

Hi, I cannot get resolve to launch. When I try to run it, I get a spinning circle on my mouse for a few seconds, then nothing happens. When I try to run it, nothing shows up in task manager either.
I have tried the following (in no particular order):
Update video drivers
Unplug extra USB peripherals
Uninstall the davinci resolve control panel software
Reinstall Davinci resolve
Restart computer
Close any VPNs
Turn off windows defender
Check if TCP ports are being used
Run in compatability mode
Run as administrator
Unplug external display

Here are my CaptureLogs and NFO file:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Thanks

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Mar 06, 2023 10:07 pm

Try this: Open Windows Device Manager and select the Display Adapters area. Right click the Virtual Desktop Monitor adapter and select Disable.

Now will Resolve start?

If not, open Device Manager again, and select the Display Adapters area and right click the Intel Graphics 630 adapter and select Disable. Leave the Virtual Desktop Monitor adapter disabled as well.

Now does Resolve start?
Dwaine Maggart

gienbfu

PostMon Mar 06, 2023 11:11 pm

Thanks a ton Dwaine, that did the trick. Virtual desktop was already disabled, and I had to end up disabling virtual desktop and the integrated graphics, leaving only the 1660ti enabled to get it to launch. That being said, is there a way to get it to work while still having the integrated graphics enabled? I am running this on a laptop, so I would prefer to not have to disable the integrated graphics every time I want to launch davinci resolve.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Mar 07, 2023 7:43 am

It probably needs a different Intel UHD 630 graphics driver. The version you have installed seems to be from around of October 2022. Which is much newer than the MSI driver for your laptop which is from 2019. Not sure where your current driver came from. But you for sure don't want the old MSI driver.

You could try the Intel graphics driver site, and run their auto-detect app, and see if it suggests a newer UHD 630 driver, and if so, try that and see if it helps.
Dwaine Maggart

gisman

PostMon Mar 13, 2023 1:05 am

Hi, I've been unsuccessful in my attempts to get past the "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)" error that happens immediately after I try to launch Davinci Resolve 18. I've tried the various options I've found in this forum, and on YouTube but have had no success.

Can you please look at my log files and offer a solution suggestion?

Log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZgSaKY ... share_link
.NFO file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tyuxta ... share_link

Many thanks,
Gord

Dwaine Maggart wrote:I would be happy to, but there is no attachment. Better you should put the required files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files. Below is the standard spiel:

In a File Explorer window, go to:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here.

If you are a new Forum user, you may not be allowed to post URLs. If this happens, just put a space near the front of the URL, so the system doesn't think it's a URL.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Mar 13, 2023 5:03 pm

Your .NFO file is corrupt. Please try making it again, and be sure that you can double click it and that it opens in the System Information app.
Dwaine Maggart

gisman

PostMon Mar 13, 2023 7:07 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Your .NFO file is corrupt. Please try making it again, and be sure that you can double click it and that it opens in the System Information app.

It looks like I shared the wrong file. Here's the correct .NFO file, and I'm able to open it on my end:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hALrXY ... share_link

I hope it works for you.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Mar 13, 2023 8:25 pm

Confusing stuff. Your most recent Resolve log, from March 8, shows Resolve 16.1.1 installed, with a GTX970 GPU.

But your NFO shows an RTX3070 installed on the system.

It's perhaps not surprising that the Resolve logs don't show an indication of 18 being installed, since Resolve is crashing with the error you show. But there is nothing in the NFO showing any instance of Resolve crashing, and I would expect that 0xc000007b error to be reflected in the NFO.

That said, if you really have Resolve 18.1.4 installed on the system the NFO came from, that system has a whole lot of startup apps going on. And it has several problem devices listed in the NFO. Any of that COULD be impacting Resolve. If you uninstall 18.1.4 and reinstall 16.1.1, does that still work?

I made a comment on another thread a few hours ago that I wish I could suggest a clean Windows install as the solution to everyone's issues. But in your case, that may well be the solution.
Dwaine Maggart

gisman

PostMon Mar 13, 2023 9:10 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Confusing stuff. Your most recent Resolve log, from March 8, shows Resolve 16.1.1 installed, with a GTX970 GPU.

But your NFO shows an RTX3070 installed on the system.

It's perhaps not surprising that the Resolve logs don't show an indication of 18 being installed, since Resolve is crashing with the error you show. But there is nothing in the NFO showing any instance of Resolve crashing, and I would expect that 0xc000007b error to be reflected in the NFO.

That said, if you really have Resolve 18.1.4 installed on the system the NFO came from, that system has a whole lot of startup apps going on. And it has several problem devices listed in the NFO. Any of that COULD be impacting Resolve. If you uninstall 18.1.4 and reinstall 16.1.1, does that still work?

I made a comment on another thread a few hours ago that I wish I could suggest a clean Windows install as the solution to everyone's issues. But in your case, that may well be the solution.

Thank you for your prompt reply and helping me.
Background: I upgraded my PC box - to a brand new one, and we cloned the drive. Yes, Davinci 16 was the last clean version that worked, but on the old box, I never got 17 or higher to work. My new box spec is: (64gb DDR5, Intel I9 13900K, and RTX 3070ti).
So, how do we get rid of the "old" info and allow for a New DR 18 install to work? I don't know what I need to do on my end. Any ideas?

gisman

PostMon Mar 13, 2023 10:46 pm

I've tried to re-install Davinci Resolve 16.1.1, which ended up with the same result error when I luanch the program.
After doing the Registry Edit change I see referenced, I also did another re-install of Resolve 18, which didn't solve the problem either.

How possible is it that the issues have to do with the Startup apps or Problem Devices you mention? I'm just confused and frustrated because Davinci Resolve is the only program that won't run :( ... and the prospect of reinstalling the 70-plus programs on my computer after having to do a windows 10 Pro re-installation doesn't feel too good, especially given my only program trouble spot is with Davinci Resolve?

Any ideas on what to try next? (Installing Windows 10 Pro again is not desirable...)

Thanks gain for your feedback.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Mar 14, 2023 7:25 pm

My only suggestion aside from a clean Windows reinstall, is to try a clean Resolve install. Details below:

The following removes ALL user specific Resolve data, including project and config data, to allow a clean Resolve install to solve issues created by corrupt user data.

However, as part of the process, copies are made of the current user data, in case there is project or config data that can later be copied back into the clean install.

Before going through the process, you need to set some File Explorer Options, so you can see hidden files and file extensions:

Now, uninstall all Resolve related stuff in the Windows Settings - Apps and Features area.

So go to the Windows Settings area, and select Apps & features.

In the Apps & features list are all the apps installed on your system. To uninstall an app, select it, and there will either be an uninstall button, or if you are using Windows 11, you may need to right click the app to access the Uninstall menu.

Uninstall the following, if they exist in the list:

Blackmagic Raw Common Components
DaVinci Resolve
DaVinci Resolve Control Panels
DaVinci Resolve Keyboards
Anything Fairlight related

Once you've done that, in File Explorer, go to this folder:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design

The DaVinci Resolve folder should have been removed when you uninstalled DaVinci Resolve. But if it's still there for some reason, delete it.

Now in File Explorer go to this folder:

C:\Users\Gord\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design

Rename the DaVinci Resolve folder to DaVinci Resolve.orig

Then in File Explorer go to this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design

Rename the DaVinci Resolve folder to DaVinci Resolve.orig

This has now removed all the DaVinci Resolve data, including user specific projects and config data.

Now install the current Resolve version, and see if it launches. If not, I don't have any other good suggestions.
Dwaine Maggart

CarlJohnSmith1500

PostSat Mar 18, 2023 7:14 pm

Hey @Dwaine!

I need some of your magic to help me with Davinci Resolve (free version) not starting.

I recently switched to a new GPU, amd 6950 xt 16gb from a nvidia 3070 8gb.
It worked previously with the 3070 but it Davinci Resolve refuses to open since I've switched.
All drivers are up to date and I am using the latest version of Davinci Resolve (free version).

I would appreciate your help very much! Thank you!

Here are the log files and the nfo files:
https://gofile (dot) io/d/H0rdfD

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 6:15 pm

I went to that link, and the GoFile site says that file does not exist.
Dwaine Maggart

usarian

PostMon Apr 10, 2023 8:00 pm

Dude you are outstanding. I'm getting similar errors as everybody else here - I know the cause tho, it's because I swapped out my $5 basic display card for a 2011 era GeForce GTX 560 ti. And apparently they don't make Windows 10 drivers for that card. The error I'm getting is specifically that OpenGL won't initialize

I did the log and system info, they're in this shared folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sVxBaEWyFy

Here's a broken version in case that one gets stripped because I'm new here
https://drive.google. com/drive/folders/1nSmcxtAhDFQD3VQFQS19XfsVxBaEWyFy

UPDATE
Well, to my surprise I figured it out. I have always used remote desktop to edit videos. Using my "office" graphics card, it just worked because all the rendering or whatever took place in the CPU. When I added a real graphics card, it was incompatible with RDP and died. I got desperate and connected a monitor directly to that box and suddenly everything was great.

Anyway, Nvidia has software to permit leveraging a graphics card over RDP, so now I'm all set.

max17632

PostFri Apr 14, 2023 4:43 pm

Hi @Dwaine

I recently upgraded my graphics card to an ASRock Challenger D Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB GDDR6 from a MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5. After installing the new graphics card and installing the drivers, Davinci does not run. I click it, the wheel spins for a couples seconds, then nothing. The program also does not show anything as running in task manager. The interesting thing is that after attempting to use premiere pro, that doesn't work either. This is kind of frustrating as the whole reason I upgraded was for video editing. Everything was working fine before I upgraded.

Windows 10
ASRock Challenger D Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB GDDR6
AMD Ryzen 5 3rd Gen - RYZEN 5 3600
32 gb RAM
Adrenalin 23.4.1 Driver (also previously tried the PRO driver)
Resolve on C drive - also just installed a G-drive when upgrading, another of the same 500 GB SSD
I'm using two monitors, both plugged into the graphics card, one HDMI and one HDMI converted to display.

Here is the log file and nfo file https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Please let me know if you could help - as I've been trying for days to get this working. I've been through several forums and YouTube videos attempting to get this to run, but nothing seems to be working.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Apr 14, 2023 5:57 pm

This file is causing the Resolve crash when it attempts to do the GPU detect at startup:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsi.inf_amd64_3330f4136731b2d4\nvcuda64.dll

Do whatever you need to do to make that file disappear, and Resolve should be able to get further into the startup. If you still have issues, send another Resolve log and NFO file.

Possible if you still have the NVIDIA driver installed, using DDU to remove that would solve the issue.
Dwaine Maggart

max17632

PostFri Apr 14, 2023 6:48 pm

I deleted that file and it seemed to have worked! I'm in davinci opening a project right now. Thank you so much!

osourrea

Re: Resolve won't start in a Wacom screen

PostMon Apr 24, 2023 7:58 pm

the thing that works for me (not sure is its the same problem or close to it) its, opening DR in the main screen, my second screen is a wacom cyntiq 16 and I found out that is the project start/open in the wacom cyntiq it will get stuck and not responding, I will see if I can work fine if just open the program in the laptop screen and the move it to the second screen.
not sure if it´s a problem with the drivers or the hardware or DR itself

JimmyNeutron

PostWed Apr 26, 2023 1:45 pm

Hello Davinci Resolve community,

I hope you are all doing well. I am facing an issue with launching Davinci Resolve after upgrading my GPU, and I am hoping someone here can provide some guidance or suggestions.

Previously, I was using a GTX 1660TI, and the software was working perfectly. However, I recently upgraded to an RX 6800XT, and since then, I am unable to launch Davinci Resolve. When I click on the icon, my cursor shows a loading sign, but then nothing happens.

Additional information:

Graphics driver is up-to-date
Tested with USB devices disconnected
No VPN in use
Tried using the Windows Compatibility Troubleshooter
No blocked ports
Attempted multiple reinstallations

My system components are as follows:

Motherboard: Aorus Elite rev 1
Graphics Card: RX 6800XT
Processor: Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM: 32GB 3200MHz

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards,

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Apr 26, 2023 6:15 pm

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here. Make sure the links don't require access credentials.

If you are a new Forum user, you may not be allowed to post URLs. If this happens, just put a space near the front of the URL, so the system doesn't think it's a URL.
Dwaine Maggart

itsdubla

PostWed Apr 26, 2023 10:13 pm

Hi there! I'm having the same issue as JimmyNeutron.

I've been using Davinci for 5 or 6 months now flawlessly. This program is amazing by the way. I use it to edit videos for Youtube daily.

I recently switched from an NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPU to an AMD 6950XT, and now Davinci crashes immediately. When I run the program, I see it start in the Task Manager, then it immediately disappears.

I've tried various fixes I found from Google and these forums, even uninstalling/re-installing. I've tried this on the normal version of Resolve and the public beta with the exact same experience.

CPU: Ryzen 3900X
GPU: AMD 6950XT (with latest drivers)(23.4.2)
RAM: 32G

Please send help!

Here are my crash logs and system information:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Apr 27, 2023 4:57 pm

This NVIDIA related file:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmdi.inf_amd64_1bf648cb746f97ee\nvcuda64.dll

is causing Resolve's GPU detect process to crash at startup.

Make that file go away, and Resolve should be able to start normally.
Dwaine Maggart

TheNick

PostWed May 10, 2023 12:00 am

Hello Dwaine!

I've been having problems with my Davinci resolve not booting up. Every time I try to open it up I get a blue loading symbol on my mouse for a few seconds, before it stops. I've looked in task manager and theres nothing there from Davinci after 3 seconds of me trying to boot it up. I've tried fresh installs, and nothing seems to work. I should also probably mention I just recently swapped from a 3070 to a 7900xtx, there were no problems before I installed my new card, leading me to think it may have something to do with that. My drivers are up to date too.
Any help is appreciated!

Here are the logs and system information: https://mega.nz/folder/AuI20TRQ#qN_kB9crSnRAbK7QCV0brQ

Thanks,
Nick

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed May 10, 2023 6:48 pm

As per the previous message in this thread, this file is causing the Resolve GPU Detect process to crash at startup:

C:\Windows\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_50916785244854f2\nvcuda64.dll

Make that file go away, and Resolve should start.
Dwaine Maggart

TheNick

PostWed May 10, 2023 7:38 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:As per the previous message in this thread, this file is causing the Resolve GPU Detect process to crash at startup:

C:\Windows\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_50916785244854f2\nvcuda64.dll

Make that file go away, and Resolve should start.

Thank you so much for your time and help!
Very much appreciated!

Andres704

PostWed May 10, 2023 8:13 pm

Hi @Dwaine,

I've recently been having problems with my Davinci resolve not starting up, to where the loading symbol comes up when trying to open up until nothing happens. This occurred when the app crashed after I was trying to render a project, so I've tried most of the methods I've seen online such as going into task manager, reinstalling, and also disabling display adapters. This is all but to mention that I'm only on UHD graphics 620 for my laptop to which I've had overall lagging experiences with resolve, so it would be a big help to know if I have any options to access my projects.

Here are my Logs and System Information: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed May 10, 2023 8:24 pm

Your Google Drive link requires access credentials. Please make it an open link.
Dwaine Maggart

Andres704

PostWed May 10, 2023 8:26 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Your Google Drive link requires access credentials. Please make it an open link.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed May 10, 2023 9:01 pm

Your config.dat file is bad.

C:\Users\adima\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Preferences

Delete the config.dat file.

It will recreate the config.dat with the default starting info. If you had any Preferences modifications made, be sure to reapply those after starting.

If Resolve still doesn't start, send a new Resolve log file and NFO file.

All the boilerplate above aside, your laptop has an NVIDIA GTX1660 Ti GPU with 6GB of VRAM. I'm not sure why that's not being detected in the Resolve log. That GPU would work much better than the Intel 620 iGPU. Do you have the 1660 Ti disabled in Windows Device Manager - Display Adapters?
Dwaine Maggart

codirosso

PostThu May 11, 2023 6:36 am

Hi! I hope this can help as it helped me.

I am a newbie and had the same issue after I could use DRV 18 without problems until yesterday. I solved the issues by simply installing a new Nvidia installer. (the one I had before was ok and updated according to Driver Booster, a commercial driver checker I use...). Removing that DLL file caused only more problems...

In my case, I use Windows 11 Pro, Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000, 32 GB RAM, CPU is an Intel Core i9 10900 @ 2.80GHz. The Nvidia website made me install the Nvidia RTX 40 Series (Notebooks), which is ok for both Windows 10 and Windows 11.

Thanks

Alessandro

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri May 12, 2023 4:58 pm

and run CaptureLogs

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here. Make sure the links don't require access credentials.

Dwaine Maggart

hazelrikan

PostFri May 12, 2023 7:18 pm

Hey Dwaine, Hazel here.
Want to first off thank the team for creating a software that helps us small content creators have access to video editing softwares that are really good.

I have used DaVinci Resolve 17 before, about a day ago I decided to try it out again and I was prompted to download the latest version, DaVinci Resolve 18. I followed the prompt and started editing my video on DaVinci Resolve 18, then I decided to take a pause. I closed the application (without saving - not sure if this caused it) and when I wanted to return to editing, I found that I could not open the application.

It would go into the loading screen and once it finishes, the application doesn't open (or might have crashed). I have uninstalled three-four times already, tried it in my C and F drive. Not too sure what the issue is. How should I go about it yea? Below are my capture logs. Hope it helps you help me. Thank you in advance!

h ttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1 ... sp=sharing

ColProZ

PostSat May 13, 2023 10:33 am

Hi i've got a problem with my davinci resolve 18 when i start it.

The element capture i link to this message is what i see and davinci is just blocked like this and do nothing
(i updated my GPU, Reinstall it properly it doesen't change anything to be honnest)

My spec PC are :
Windows 11 familly
64x
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60GHz
32,0 Go RAM
3090 TI 24go GPU

If you have any idea i'll try it
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2023-05-13 122900.png
Capture d’écran 2023-05-13 122900.png (503.34 KiB) Viewed 4101 times

Wooten

PostMon May 15, 2023 1:19 am

Hi all! Nightmare situation escalated quickly. Can't find where to upload my log—upload div below "submit" gives me a 413 error, and .txt files are not allowed according to it.

Anyway, after many problems with cashe and fusion and frames that stopped the render or flicked with "media offline," Davinci 17.4 finally just refused to open at all. Not even the welcome screen. I got a mouse hourglass for a second or two, but that was it.

I backed up my entire appdata-blackmagic folder. Uninstalled 17.4, upgraded to 18.1.4. I got a welcome screen, but it disappeared quickly, and now I'm in the same situation where it won't even give me that again.

Now... again I can't seem to use the upload function of this forum. How to I upload my log? In lieu of that, here's a google drive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pv_IUi ... sp=sharing

Joe Shapiro

PostMon May 15, 2023 9:18 pm

The FAQs stickied to the top of the forum tell you how to submit a log. Looks like you did it just right!

To me it sounds like your system ran out of disk space and Resolve ended up writing a zero-length config file which is now stopping it from launching. Get rid of the config file and you'll be good. Search the forum for how to do that or wait for Dwaine who works for BMD and is the king of debugging this sort of thing.
Director, Editor, Problem Solver. Been cutting indie features for 23 years. FCP editor from version 2 to 7.
Resolve 18.6.3
MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max 64GB RAM, macOS 14.1
MacBook Air 13" M1 8GB RAM, macOS 14.1
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve