when I hit delete my timeline jumps to the end

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Blaze_OGlory

when I hit delete my timeline jumps to the end

PostFri Sep 04, 2020 2:43 pm

I just started having this problem today. When I hit delete to take out a portion of video it does take it out and move the rest of the video back but it also jumps directly to the end of my timeline. I can't figure out why. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim Simon

Re: when I hit delete my timeline jumps to the end

PostSat Sep 05, 2020 3:43 pm

Never seen that.

Start simple. Restart Resolve. Restart the system. Reset your shortcuts to Resolve.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

panos_mts

PostSat Sep 05, 2020 4:53 pm

My best guess: When you press the Delete key, the End key is also pressed, perhaps a faulty keyboard?

Go to the following site and press the delete key and see if the end key is also pressed
https://keyboardchecker.com/

Tinchote

PostThu Sep 23, 2021 12:34 am

I've been having this exact same problem, Resolve 17.2.2 (and it kept happening after updating to 17.3). Definitely not a keyboard problem, because it doesn't happen in other programs and, more importantly, the cursor goes to the end some three seconds after pressing delete. It also doesn't happen every time, it's a sporadic (and very annoying) problem.

And, a few hours later, I found the cause (in my case, at least). It's Microsoft Paint. The problem happens when Paint is open, disappears when it's not.

Return to DaVinci Resolve