Media Offline for Text

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Darkshadow

Media Offline for Text

PostTue Sep 15, 2020 7:19 pm

So, I reopened my project and for some reason the majority of clips all had their media offline. I managed to fix this pretty simply. But then I found that any text I added in Davinci also had this problem. I don't know how this is possible because text isn't from the media pool. It's something I added from the program. So I don't know how this happened and how to fix it without redoing all the text parts of my video.

Jim Simon

Re: Media Offline for Text

PostWed Sep 16, 2020 12:57 pm

A Text clips is offline? That is weird.

A full system reboot still shows this?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

sackboydad

PostWed Sep 16, 2020 1:14 pm

I have found that, irritating, issue when using Text+.

I do a weekly project where I "save as" the current week to a new project, then delete the stuff that won't be used in the new project (?). this leaves graphics and other items that are used each week in the timeline.

Many, many times when I open the "saved as" project the next week to start work, I get a bunch of media offline errors on Fusion stuff... usually Text+. Dumb as it sounds, I find if I open the offending item in Fusion then exit back to the timeline it usually fixes it. Occasionally I just have to edit the text part in Fusion (change it then change it back) and that'll fix it too.

Zelda21

PostSun Apr 25, 2021 12:19 pm

I have the same issue.
Sometimes all my Text+ Clips are Media Out, then i have to click on each clip seperatly and for example disable & enable transform, and then its back available

(still on 17.1 Davinci Resolve Studio)

happyblomusgaming

PostTue Jun 08, 2021 9:31 pm

Hi! So I walked into the same issue today. Fusion didn't help me and disable/enable neither. So after trying everything else I copied all my Text (and damn it was a lot) and just cut everything and pasted it again. This fixed all my issues in 1 go. Hope it helps the next person! :D

amcinnes2021

PostThu Jun 10, 2021 6:26 am

I am getting the same "Media Offline" for any of the text I create. I have tried all the suggestions so far and have not been successful. This is a serious bug!

beaurosario

PostMon Jun 14, 2021 5:31 pm

@amcinnes2021 have you figured it out any other methods?? I'm stuck too!

Stephen Swaney

PostThu Jan 27, 2022 12:59 am

In the Edit page, I added a Text effect to the end of my timeline. It plays fine in the Edit page, but in the Delivery page, the Text shows up as Media Offline.

This seems a bit curious as the Text is an Effect and not a video clip. I am a bit of a noob, but I do know how to relink clips. I see the blue cache line over everything in both Edit and Delivery. I am not running out of disk space anywhere. Any hints?

damajinc

PostTue Feb 01, 2022 9:05 pm

Yes, this occurs for me too, sometimes just while editing. I have a static image for a background and many text+ 'effects' overlaid throughout the timeline. Occasionally they will have random gaps that show "Media Offline" i.e. the text will show for a number of frames (with the image beneath) then the output will show "Media Offline" for a number of frames, then back to normal, and so on.

The only way I've found to fix this is to delete cache and then allow the timeline to regenerate them all - which is time consuming and processor intensive.

This may have something to do with drive space running out too...?

Thank you.

Neecola

PostMon Jul 25, 2022 5:27 pm

I had a same issue on the latest v18 freshly downloaded today,

I went save as and on a project and it started happening for text+ and it first intermittently and now on all of those. A soon as red line that is for cache symbol started turning blue I got media offline

I managed to fix it by copy whole timeline and creating new project and pasting it in

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (240.96 KiB) Viewed 2161 times
Attachments
Capture 2.PNG
Capture 2.PNG (458.27 KiB) Viewed 2161 times

xunile

PostTue Jul 26, 2022 5:27 pm

You might still run into this problem, it is a known bug with Resolve 18. They fixed it in the newest update, 18.01.
Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

rdcsgse

PostTue Aug 23, 2022 1:31 pm

I found this video as a possible explanation and solution on Youtube

It is called "Easy Fix of Media Offline Error for a Text Title with Cache Cleanup in DaVinci Resolve 17" from the channel "Essential Video Editing" posted on 10 March 2022.

It talks about how the cache is not working and setting Timline Proxy Mode to Half and Render Cache to other than Smart then the Text+ suddenly works.

JBroadway

PostWed Nov 15, 2023 5:08 pm

This is still an issue in 2023. Davinci Resolve 18.6
All Text+ titles in my project just randomly went offline obscuring my project... Very annoying

Deleting render cache and rebooting did not work. Setting project render cache to none doesn't do anything.

KatieElle

PostSat Jan 27, 2024 9:47 am

There is a very simple fix for this.

Select offending text box (or media)
Copy
Paste
Undo Paste

osirisguitar

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 11:00 am

happyblomusgaming wrote:Hi! So I walked into the same issue today. Fusion didn't help me and disable/enable neither. So after trying everything else I copied all my Text (and damn it was a lot) and just cut everything and pasted it again. This fixed all my issues in 1 go. Hope it helps the next person! :D

We're at 18.6.6 and this is still a bug. Your solution helped me, thanks!

Return to DaVinci Resolve