No Sound Output in DR

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jay Strojnowski

No Sound Output in DR

PostSat Sep 26, 2020 6:24 pm

Issue: I cannot get sound out of DR16.
Background: Sound played properly as of last night. Today, I cannot get sound out of my headphones or the MP speakers. I have tried outputting using Quicktime and it plays properly, no issue.
I have checked DIM. DIM is green which should be on. I have tried muting/unmuting the channel and the clip. Not the issue. I have created a shortcut for Mute on the system overall, mute/unmute, again nothing.
I have opened other timelines, same issue, no sound.
I have open SYS PREF in DR, changed over to manual and directed the sound to my specific output device.
I quit DR and restarted.
I quit MP19 and rebooted. Nothing. I am out of guesses.
Would appreciate any insight. I'd dedicated the next 3 days to sound editing as I have picture lock so time is of the essence.
Thanks as always.
BTW I am running 16.2.7, haven't updated my sig block recently.
Mac Pro 2019
16 Core/768GB RAM/1TB OS SSD/8TB Accelsior/128GB VRAM/2x Pro Vega II Duo, IFL
Apple Afterburner
Apple XDR/LG OLED G2 83" Client Monitor
Klipsch 1200 5.1 Atmos Soundbar
BMD Control Panel Mini
MacOS 13.1
DR16.2.8

Jay Strojnowski

Re: No Sound Output in DR

PostSat Sep 26, 2020 6:56 pm

Like 80% or more of my other DR challenges (and life ones too) this was as we used to say in the military "Operator Head Space and Timing" as in a self-induced error.
Yesterday I set up buses and subs but did not link the subs back to the main.

Interestingly this kept me from listening to a much earlier version of my timeline. I did not think changes made to a new timeline would affect old timelines.

Thanks to Charles Bennett for bringing up the possibility of buses being the issue in an older posting.
Mac Pro 2019
16 Core/768GB RAM/1TB OS SSD/8TB Accelsior/128GB VRAM/2x Pro Vega II Duo, IFL
Apple Afterburner
Apple XDR/LG OLED G2 83" Client Monitor
Klipsch 1200 5.1 Atmos Soundbar
BMD Control Panel Mini
MacOS 13.1
DR16.2.8

Return to DaVinci Resolve