Resolve 16 (16.2.7) crash on audio only export

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

coppo23

Resolve 16 (16.2.7) crash on audio only export

PostWed Oct 21, 2020 10:44 am

Dear all.

AMD Ryzen, 16GB ram win 10 pro Geforce 2700.

I cannot get an export of audio only to work - it always crashes whereas the full video is fine.
I have tried quicktime, mp4 etc. I have tried just a small extract (10-15 seconds) or the whole track. The result is the same - the render runs for a few seconds and then the program crashes.

There are about 16 clips in this project - maybe 6 audio clips on two tracks.

My next step would be a clean very simple project and see if that exports audio only ok.

Any ideas what else to try?
=== Latest unsuccessful attempts to fix===
1. Same session - switch to a simpler project - export audio only works fine. So its something about the other project.....

2. Switch back to this project - mute all audio tracks but add in another clean audio track - full length - no effects. Crashes

3. I have tried many different audio settings on the deliver tab - all crash in the same way on this project.

Observation:One thing I have noticed is the time to complete the render rapidly counts up into the hours in the few seconds it takes to crash.

The two ui options stop on dropped frame or non processed frames are not ticked.

Many thanks

coppo23

SOLVED Re: Resolve 16 (16.2.7) crash on audio only export

PostWed Oct 21, 2020 2:35 pm

SOLVED By accident I have got this working but not sure where/how it went wrong. It appears to be a timeline FPS setting issue.

Project A) the one that crashed -
Exports a 30fps video fine. I am pretty certain I set the timeline at 30fps.
It crashes if I export audio only - I deleted everything from the timeline and added a still image and mp3 audio. It still crashed on audio only.

Project B) the one that exported fine - also 30fps

I checked project settings.
Project A)
Both the timeline frame rate and playback frame rate were set to 24 (how?)
I set them back to 30. I can now export audio only or audio and video without crashing

Project B)
Both the timeline frame rate and playback frame rate were set to 30 as I wanted
This one always works on export

It would be useful to know how I got into the mess - but hopefully this may help others!
This is my first real project using Resolve 16 and I love it.

jonas van den bossche

Re: Resolve 16 (16.2.7) crash on audio only export

PostSat Apr 01, 2023 10:02 am

I had the same issue. This helped, thanks a lot!

Return to DaVinci Resolve