Stuck on white screen after Crash in Resolve 17, Reset UI?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Samskihero

Stuck on white screen after Crash in Resolve 17, Reset UI?

PostFri Nov 13, 2020 3:53 pm

Hey,

Was working in Fusion when it suddenly crashed, Not working with anything but a Callout card no major effects. Now when I open the project I'm stuck on a white screen as I guess it's trying to load Fusion anyway to reset my UI/Layout for the project? I believe if I can reset the UI and open the Timeline not Fusion I will be ok.

I would revert back to a project autosave/Auto backup but like always even despite having them turned ON in my preferences, they don't actually make backups on new projects despite the option seeming like a universal setting.

I tried rebooting but did not fix, opening other projects also work fine.
It is just a personal project

My system is as follows
i7-2600k - Version - 10.0.18363 Build 18363
GTX 1070 - v457.09
32GB ram
SSD Main and SSD Scratch

Resolve 17 Beta 1

On a side note two bugs I've found
1. Using the new screen layouts like "Big Nodes" in Resolve Fusion won't let me copy or paste or delete nodes so not usable.
2. Using the Fusions show clips on the timeline button at the top left I can't copy settings from one fusion clip to another it just won't paste them I have to do the old method on going to the timeline.
3. I'm on a 25p timeline but it always says I'm playing back at 24p by the framedrop counter

Samskihero

Re: Stuck on white screen after Crash in Resolve 17 (solved)

PostFri Nov 13, 2020 5:23 pm

Fixed
The solution
I reset my User & System preferences on another Project

It then loaded no problem and so far the issue has not come up again

Return to DaVinci Resolve