WAVES VST Plugins does not working on DR17

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

leaoxp

WAVES VST Plugins does not working on DR17

PostSat Nov 14, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi...I have Waves Complete 9.92 VST audio pack and used as should be until v16... now in 17 they does not work... they appear in VST list bou when I drag to audio track or directly to clip itself, nothing happens.... Tested with other 3rd party vst plug ins anf the work well. I had already removed the vst folder at configuration page, put it back, no lucky.

Hope it got fixed soon :)
ty BMD, the update is amazing btw

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: WAVES VST Plugins does not working on DR17

PostMon Nov 16, 2020 9:07 am

OS?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Wilfrago

PostMon Nov 16, 2020 3:25 pm

Hi.
The same bug with Waves plugins 11 on DR 17 (Windows 10 20H2).
In the list of plugins all Waves plugins are present. In the mixer of Fairlight page you can even select the plugin but it doesn't load. Nothing happens. All of the others VST plugins I have load and work without issues. Waves plugins work without problems in other software also (VST versions).

I really like automation changes in the new version. I'm a sound engineer who uses Pro Tools since version 4. I also used Vegas for a long time, but I left it and now use Davinci for my videos. I could even use Vegas for a musical production without any problem (audio only, not midi).
Fairlight has improved a lot, but it's still far from being my first option. I prefer to render a video and work all audio stuff in Pro Tools, especially that in Pro Tools (or any DAW) I can use simultaneously all of the inputs and outputs that any audio interface has.

P.D. The video preview bug in Fairlight page is still present, but a little different. I can undock the viewer and click in the timeline or any other place and the window doesn't disappear... unless you open a plugin window.

Thanks to BM team for the great work.
WILFREDO
Asus P6T
Xeon X5650 @3.6 GHz
GTX 1050 Ti (472.47 Studio Driver)
24 GB RAM
3 SATA SSD
1 HDD
Windows 10 Home 21H2
Davinci Resolve 17.4.2 build 8
LG Ultrawide, Presonus Studio 6|8 interface, Adam F5 speakers, Beyer DT770 & DT990 headphones

leaoxp

PostTue Nov 17, 2020 3:18 am

Windows 10 pro here. Language PT-BR (Brazilian portuguese)
Resolve studio 17, english language

Wilfrago

PostThu Nov 19, 2020 6:36 pm

Hi.
Waves plugins are working now with Davinci Resolve 17.0B Build 9. All other VST plugins I tried are working with no issues too.
Thanks to BMD team for the great support.
WILFREDO
Asus P6T
Xeon X5650 @3.6 GHz
GTX 1050 Ti (472.47 Studio Driver)
24 GB RAM
3 SATA SSD
1 HDD
Windows 10 Home 21H2
Davinci Resolve 17.4.2 build 8
LG Ultrawide, Presonus Studio 6|8 interface, Adam F5 speakers, Beyer DT770 & DT990 headphones

leaoxp

PostThu Nov 19, 2020 9:09 pm

YESSS Indeed!
All working as should be now after the update! Thank you BMD!

Cambridge66

PostSat Jan 16, 2021 5:41 am

Hi - I am new to DR and have this problem: When DR plays, the controls and graphics of Waves plugins are extremely slow and basically unusable. Only when DR is stopped can I smoothly change parameters. Is that to be expected? Waves doesn't list DR on their site as approved DAW. Other plugins like Isotope don't have this problem. Any ideas? Would be a make it or break it situation for me (back to Permiere)

Thanks much!

MrMark

PostThu May 27, 2021 4:02 pm

Wilfrago wrote:Hi.
Waves plugins are working now with Davinci Resolve 17.0B Build 9. All other VST plugins I tried are working with no issues too.
Thanks to BMD team for the great support.

May I ask how you made the Waves plugins work? Since version 17, I can no longer see any of my VST's in Resolve's Available Plugins list.

badpixelinc

PostThu Jun 24, 2021 1:03 am

This is still an issue as of 17.2.1

I have certain plugins that show up in the list and do nothing when attempting to drop onto a track (Waves NS1 for example). Also have some plugs from the wave suite that don't show up at all. These plugins work in other software.

DigitalArtGuru

PostThu Sep 16, 2021 8:56 pm

badpixelinc wrote:This is still an issue as of 17.2.1

I have certain plugins that show up in the list and do nothing when attempting to drop onto a track (Waves NS1 for example). Also have some plugs from the wave suite that don't show up at all. These plugins work in other software.

Same issue here with Waves NS1. Are there plans to support these plug-ins?

MrMark

PostFri Sep 17, 2021 12:58 am

It still doesn't work for me. Wilfrago never replied so his path to success remains a mystery.

peterjackson

PostFri Sep 17, 2021 4:50 am

What you can try is to use the Element VST Host, which itself is embeddable as VST. So basically put your Waves VSTs in element and add element to Resolve as VST.
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

MrMark

PostFri Sep 17, 2021 2:49 pm

peterjackson wrote:What you can try is to use the Element VST Host, which itself is embeddable as VST. So basically put your Waves VSTs in element and add element to Resolve as VST.

I can't make it work. I can only guess that if anyone actually has made it work that it's because they already have software (other than DaVinci Resolve) that natively works with the Waves plug-ins, so Waves somehow works in Resolve by proxy.

In any case, even if it can be made to work, it still wouldn't be a native solution, and I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of convoluted work-arounds. And FWIW, Waves will never offer support for use in Resolve until Resolve supports Waves...and it would be nice to have support from the creators. There currently seems to be a stand-off where BMD doesn't see Waves as important, and in kind, Waves doesn't see Resolve as important, so neither company has enough interest to fix it.

Kalomika

PostThu Nov 25, 2021 3:30 pm

Any solution to this yet? windows 10, 17.4.2

Kalomika

PostSun Nov 28, 2021 1:16 am

Is anyone from support looking into this?

Only certain waves load correctly once selected, the rest act like they are about to load and then nothing happens, they don't show up in inspector nor where FX are supposed to on the track FX list in Fairlight.

Seems numerous people are complaining about this. Can this be remedied asap, I have a project to complete. Thank you.

Uli Plank

PostSun Nov 28, 2021 2:06 am

If you are under deadline, I wouldn't wait for it, but use another software.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Return to DaVinci Resolve