Probable reason for the "audio output selected device not fo

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Zongor57

Probable reason for the "audio output selected device not fo

PostSun Nov 15, 2020 8:40 pm

Hi there, I just started using Davinci Resolve and like it very much. However, I soon started getting the "audio output selected device not found" popup. I tried looking everywhere for a solution but did not find any remedies. I think the problem is caused by my monitor... which has builtin speakers... it is set to turn monitor off after several minutes of inactivity. If the monitor turned off I will thereafter get the pop-up. I have not been able to verify that others have this same experience.

This pertains to Windows
Presently to bypass this problem, I go to Davinci preferences and set the "Speaker Setup" to use the default ( basically the motherboard speaker ) and when I want to actually hear or work with a music track, I renable the display speakers. An alternative would be to set the "Turn Monitor Off" system setting to something higher or never.

Just thought I'd share my experience.

JokessokeJ

Re: Probable reason for the "audio output selected device no

PostTue Feb 16, 2021 12:40 pm

Okay so I'm having the issue with the "Audio Output: Selected device not found" pop-up too, I've been searching the web for an hour for a solution at this point and I'm going buck-wild at the fricking pop-up. It keeps interrupting everything I'm doing because I'm someone who multi-tasks and while I have DaVinci Resolve open I'm doing 5 other things in the meantime. So you can probably how irritating it is if every 10 seconds or so the popup reappears and annoys the crap out of me. Now when I stumbled across your post I thought I finally found the solution, that I could finally get my voice back after screaming in frustration 50 times in a row because of the damned pop-up, but no. I'd like to point out that on my side, whenever I go to "DaVinci Resolve" and go to the preferences and change anything, whenever click save it just doesn't save, instead, it reverts everything to what it was before and continues to annoy me with this pop-up, I don't care if I can't hear crap, I just wanna stop the pop-up from appearing at this point, but enough of me going off-topic.

I know that closing and re-opening DaVinci Resolve fixes the issue, but I'm not really fond of the idea of having to close and re-open a single piece of software 5 times the same day, so if you know a possible solution that may work for me, please reply to this message, and even if you don't, at least reply telling me you don't know so that I don't expect a solution. Much thanks in advance.

Jim Simon

PostWed Feb 17, 2021 3:55 pm

Zongor57 wrote:it is set to turn monitor off after several minutes of inactivity.
All such low power modes should be disabled on an editing system. Keep everything fully powered up at all times.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

rsilva

PostThu Mar 25, 2021 10:49 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

IsraEliteMedia

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 7:39 am

When will this bug be addressed that was introduced with version 17? My speakers are powered independently of my computer.

If the speakers aren't activated prior to Davinci Resolve opening, DR gives the "can't find output device".

Davinci Resolve DID NOT DO THIS in version 16.

We should be able to turn on audio devices while Davinci Resolve is activated and it find them seamlessly like it used to.

Erik
SYSTEM SPECS
DR Studio 18.6.6 (2 seats) Win 11 Pro (fully updated)
13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K 3.00 GHz
128GB RAM DDR5
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Studio Driver 551.86

Erik Davis, IsraEliteMedia--Zichron Yaakov, Israel

Return to DaVinci Resolve