Apply in/out points to different soundtrack

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

banterer

Apply in/out points to different soundtrack

PostSun Nov 22, 2020 4:13 pm

Hello,

I did not realize that I could create a timeline with a video track and several audio tracks and then simply choose with which audio track to output the video. I instead used one audio track and would now like to know if there is a way to—apply the in and out points of the cut up audio/video timeline that was recorded using the camera's internal mic to the higher quality audio recorded with an external audio recorder.

Thanks,
Jorge

Jim Simon

Re: Apply in/out points to different soundtrack

PostSun Nov 22, 2020 4:22 pm

This is something normally done before you edit.

You can try the normal Sync process from the Media page, replacing the camera's original audio, but I don't know what effect that will have on the edit, so maybe best to create a copy of the project for experimenting.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

banterer

PostSun Nov 22, 2020 4:24 pm

Jim Simon wrote:This is something normally done before you edit.

You can try the normal Sync process from the Media page, replacing the camera's original audio, but I don't know what effect that will have on the edit, so maybe best to create a copy of the project for experimenting.

Thanks Jim, yes being new to this, I realize how I should have done things AFTER rather than before.

I'll give it a try.
Jorge

Jim Simon

PostSun Nov 22, 2020 4:28 pm

A lot of folks new to this job often skip a few steps...and have difficulty.

Have you completed any of the instructional books/lessons that BMD offers? Those are the proper first step for newbies.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... e/training

Good luck. :)
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

banterer

PostSun Nov 22, 2020 4:30 pm

Jim Simon wrote:A lot of folks new to this job often skip a few steps...and have difficulty.

Have you completed any of the instructional books/lessons that BMD offers? Those are the proper first step for newbies.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... e/training

Good luck. :)

Hi Jim,

No, I was going through a Davinci Resolve class I got in a 5DayDeal but will now go through this as well.

Thanks,
Jorge

Return to DaVinci Resolve