Fusion Titles broken in version 17b2 (>1 fps, render fail)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Khayyam Khan

Fusion Titles broken in version 17b2 (>1 fps, render fail)

PostSat Nov 28, 2020 1:51 am

Using a simple fusion title "Drop In" on an empty timeline causes major performance issues and playback under 1 fps. Will intermittently get "Media Offline". Deliver page fails to render. Fusion titles and text animation/followers have been unusably slow for a few versions now.
render failed.jpg

I don't have After Effects installed and need to deliver to client asap!

Is there some sort of optimization or settings that can be applied to get this to work at a decent speed (proxy mode barely helps)?

*I know im not supposed to use Betas for actual production work, but Fusion has always been slow since the first port into Resolve and I've been chasing the updates hoping for one that has finally stabilized enough to make Fusion usable.*
Resolve 17.0B Build 9
Windows 10 Home 1809
AMD Ryzen 2700x 3.7ghz
32gb DDR4
Geforce GTX 980Ti

aussiemartin

Re: Fusion Titles broken in version 17b2 (>1 fps, render fai

PostSat Nov 28, 2020 2:20 am

No idea what's the cause of the issue (since it's still beta) but have you tried 'Render in Place' and use CineForm as the output so transparency is preserved?
That might get you out of the spot you're in.

Khayyam Khan wrote:Using a simple fusion title "Drop In" on an empty timeline causes major performance issues and playback under 1 fps. Will intermittently get "Media Offline". Deliver page fails to render. Fusion titles and text animation/followers have been unusably slow for a few versions now.
render failed.jpg

I don't have After Effects installed and need to deliver to client asap!

Is there some sort of optimization or settings that can be applied to get this to work at a decent speed (proxy mode barely helps)?

*I know im not supposed to use Betas for actual production work, but Fusion has always been slow since the first port into Resolve and I've been chasing the updates hoping for one that has finally stabilized enough to make Fusion usable.*
macOS 12.2.1, 3.7GHz Intel Core i7, 64G DDR4 Ram, Radeon 8G RX580 GPU, 250/500Gb SSD storage, Synology 920+ 8T NAS

Khayyam Khan

PostSat Nov 28, 2020 6:12 am

[quote="aussiemartin"]No idea what's the cause of the issue (since it's still beta) but have you tried 'Render in Place' and use CineForm as the output so transparency is preserved?
That might get you out of the spot you're in.

Unfortunately render in place does nothing ;(
Resolve 17.0B Build 9
Windows 10 Home 1809
AMD Ryzen 2700x 3.7ghz
32gb DDR4
Geforce GTX 980Ti

Steve Alexander

PostSat Nov 28, 2020 1:38 pm

Select your Fusion Title Clip, right-click and select New Compound Clip... Now you can select 'Render in Place'. Just make sure you select a codec for 'Render in Place' that supports an alpha channel such as Cineform 16-bit (or certain flavors of DNxHD, DNxHR and ProRes).

As an alternative, you can setup your caching to cache the title clip. If you have caching set to user mode, the default is to cache fusion clips in user mode...
Time Traveller
Resolve Studio 18.6.6 | Fusion Studio 18.6.6 | Win 11 Pro (22H2) | i9-7940x, P4000 (536.96, 8GB VRAM), 64GB RAM, M.2 boot, SSD scratch, RAID10 data | (laptop) 16" MacBook Pro M1 MAX, 32 GPU cores, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4

Mylonas Films

PostFri Jun 18, 2021 5:23 am

Steve Alexander wrote:Select your Fusion Title Clip, right-click and select New Compound Clip... Now you can select 'Render in Place'. Just make sure you select a codec for 'Render in Place' that supports an alpha channel such as Cineform 16-bit (or certain flavors of DNxHD, DNxHR and ProRes).

Thanks a bunch that helped me !
-----------------------------------------
stephen.mylo@gmail.com
DOP/Colorist
DaVinci Resolve V18
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041)
GeForce RTX 2070Super Gaming OC 8GB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10920X CPU @ 3.50GHz (24 CPUs)
Memory: 132GB RAM

Return to DaVinci Resolve