Transition Media Offline?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

TrueDeviL

Transition Media Offline?

PostTue Dec 01, 2020 1:32 pm

Hi,

I fully admit, I could be doing something wrong here, but I'm getting a lot of 'Media Offline' issue while trying to use transitions..

I put in 2 clips, on the same video line [V1], playback, and it does a direct cut from one to the other..

I apply a transition over them both, and get a 'Media Offline' appear, for what I can see as no reason, both clips have 'extra' hidden footage, at the ends..

Yet on playback, it goes red with a Media Offline showing in the timeline viewport..

Is this a bug, or am I just doing something wrong, I normally just use the 'right click' disolve option, but thought I'd spice it up with some actual transitions for a change, but they are not working..?

Thanks..
Livestreamer & Content Creator
TrueDeviL - Twitch.tv/TrueDeviL : YouTube.com/TrueDeviL
(i7 5820k, GTX980, 32Gb Ram, Win10 Home)

TrueDeviL

Re: Transition Media Offline?

PostTue Dec 01, 2020 1:42 pm

Ok, I figured it out..

I wasn't doing anything 'wrong' per'se...

But, I wasn't cutting enough off the end on one of the clips (this did have a media offline section, for some odd reason)..

Once I had 'cut' enough off, they work fine..

I did say 1st time using the transitions, just needed to learn exactly how it worked..

Thanks to anyone who read this..
Livestreamer & Content Creator
TrueDeviL - Twitch.tv/TrueDeviL : YouTube.com/TrueDeviL
(i7 5820k, GTX980, 32Gb Ram, Win10 Home)

ntbone

PostSat Dec 04, 2021 8:35 am

I just had this happen with one of my timelines in which all transitions between all clips were giving the media offline. I noticed all the transitions had the blue line above the transition part indicating they were cached for rendering. I went up to Playback->Delete Render Cache->All and that resolved the issue. I did have to change timelines again to get the media offline window to go away.

TCP786

PostSat Dec 04, 2021 9:14 am

Also, in the "Optimized Media and Render Cache" section of Project Settings > Master Settings, there's a checkbox called "Automatically cache transitions in user mode". "User mode" refers to the setting you'll find under Playback > Render cache (main UI drop-down, not within settings). Not sure if this is better for you or not, but it's good to know it's an option.

Return to DaVinci Resolve