Rendering crashes when Speed Editor is on BT

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jedd11

Rendering crashes when Speed Editor is on BT

PostTue Dec 15, 2020 1:14 am

When I render with the speed editor connected through usb all my renders go flawlessly. As soon as I try to render with the keyboard unplugged over BT I get "Timeout when waiting for frame
-1 for recording, frame dropped" errors. Plug the editor back in re-run the job and it completes 0 problems.

Can anyone with the speed editor replicate this issue? I can clearly work around this but its frustrating to walk away for a hour and realize you have had a crash because you forgot to plug the keyboard back in :lol:

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Rendering crashes when Speed Editor is on BT

PostTue Dec 15, 2020 9:43 am

Can u post your NFO and logs as detailed in the FAQs
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Juergen Engelke

PostTue Dec 15, 2020 12:25 pm

I today updated Resolve Studio to 17.0b5.
I have the same Situation on BT - the rendering stops before the last clip.
When terminating Resolve there is a error message "Rendering not finished"
Triple boot Win10-Pro| Resolve Studio | Decklink 4K Extreme 12G | NVIDIA GTX1080 | INTEL ARC A770 | SSD-RAID | HDD-RAID | 20 logical cores | 2 x 10GbE | 64GB RAM | on 10GbE Media sharing NW | 10Gbps NAS | BMD Cloud Store 10Gbps

yotka_films

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 3:57 pm

Seems to be absurd but it's true. Same issue here.
I've been searching for two weeks, that was driving me crazy! All speed editor users should be notified about this, because getting to this problem is a big challenge. I would never have figured it out by myself.

Nick Lavigne

PostTue Apr 20, 2021 9:14 pm

Jedd11 wrote:When I render with the speed editor connected through usb all my renders go flawlessly. As soon as I try to render with the keyboard unplugged over BT I get "Timeout when waiting for frame
-1 for recording, frame dropped" errors. Plug the editor back in re-run the job and it completes 0 problems.

Can anyone with the speed editor replicate this issue? I can clearly work around this but its frustrating to walk away for a hour and realize you have had a crash because you forgot to plug the keyboard back in :lol:

Thank you for finding out that it was the speed editor causing this and reporting on this forum. I had updated my chipset and bios, the only non-updated things, and was stumped.

Jim Simon

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 3:17 pm

I've seen others report that pushing any buttons on the Speed Editor can cause a render to fail. Might that apply to anyone here?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve