missing fade handles

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

moonthink

missing fade handles

PostThu Dec 17, 2020 4:37 pm

In my current project, I went to fade the underscore music track at the end, but there were no fade handles.

16.2.7 latest version. On win 10.

On the edit page. Track is full height (I tried adjusting to different heights, even though it was fully extended to start) and unlocked. No fade handle shows at the beginning or end. All other tracks have them and work fine. It's a basic 2.0 stereo music track (not linked to any video either) with no filters or effects on it at all. Tried restarting computer as well as the program several times.

Ideas?

Jim Simon

Re: missing fade handles

PostThu Dec 17, 2020 4:44 pm

Show us.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

moonthink

PostFri Dec 18, 2020 12:46 pm

In the middle of a project, and no time to make a video/find somewhere to upload it. So, trust me?

Jim Simon

PostFri Dec 18, 2020 3:24 pm

I have no ideas yet. Hence the call for a screen shot.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

moonthink

PostFri Dec 18, 2020 4:23 pm

I can probably post an image, but I don't think that's going to tell you much. A video would at least show my mouse moving around the front and back ends of the file in the timeline, hoping to get a handle but none showing (on that track only). Maybe I'll do that in a day or two after my deadline.

My current workaround is that it does show handles in the fairlight timeline, so I can do a fade out there, but I'm guessing on the length of the fade out, as it doesn't tell me that while dragging.

So I do have a workaround, but I'd still like to know why this behavior on that one track only. I've done several projects before, so I'm new-ish (last year or so), but I've never had that happen before.

Return to DaVinci Resolve