Can I move multiple Keyframes in Fairlight

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Daber159

Can I move multiple Keyframes in Fairlight

PostSun Jan 03, 2021 7:14 pm

I'm kinda new to Fairlight so hopefully this is an easy question to you experts:

I have a clip with a number of volume keyframes. I want to select most of them and move them all as one unit (so what I was ramping louder before will still ramp louder after I increase the overall levels of the clip).

If I open the inspector and just change the clip's volume slider it only affects what is between the two nearest keyframes.

When I option select multiple keyframes on the clip (so they're red), as soon as I try to move one, all the others de-select.

I noticed there are some greyed out keyboard shortcuts in the MARK menu (to nudge keyframes up, down or earlier and later), but I can't seem to figure out how to make them not grey in the Mark menu. (And obviously while they're grey, doing the keyboard shortcut doesn't work).

Also I noticed in the CLIP menu is a keyframe editor, but again, its grey and I can't figure out how to activate it (or make it not grey).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

David

Reynaud Venter

Re: Can I move multiple Keyframes in Fairlight

PostSun Jan 03, 2021 7:37 pm

If a menu item is greyed out, it usually indicates that the function is not available on the current page.

Many Edit page menu items and related functions are not available on the Fairlight page, such as the shortcuts relating to adding, moving, and deleting keyframes.

Jim Simon

PostSun Jan 03, 2021 7:42 pm

We definitely could use more shortcut parity across pages. Maybe add your ideas to the following thread?

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=125987
Last edited by Jim Simon on Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Daber159

PostSun Jan 03, 2021 7:50 pm

Thanks for the reply. But again the original question is HOW do I move multiple keyframes. it seems like this is a kind of basic function that any DAW and most sound editor would require.

I know Protools and Logic both have this functionality. I find it hard to believe that a DAW as great as Fairlight doesn't.

(The only work-around I can see at this point is to bus the track to another track then use that new track's volume slider to do an overall change but that solution feels amazingly clunky)

Any Fairlight gurus know how to change multiple keyframes simultaneously?

Peter Cave

PostMon Jan 04, 2021 6:10 am

To edit multiple audio keyframes you need to do it from the Edit Page. Fairlight currently will only allow editing of single keyframes.

I'm assuming you mean CLIP keyframes and not Automation keyframes.
Resolve 18.6.5 Mac OSX 14.4 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

Skiess

PostThu Apr 13, 2023 11:15 am

Moving multiple keyframes is definitely one of the basic needs for a DAW. I hope it's in the pipeline by now :)

Tony359

PostFri Jun 02, 2023 10:00 am

Question. In EDIT I can only move volume keyframes. I have Compressor keyframes, they don't show up in EDIT. How can I select them in bulk?
Attachments
fairlight.JPG
fairlight.JPG (38.93 KiB) Viewed 706 times
DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.4 build 6
Ryzen 5700X - 32GB RAM - 1.5TB Sata SSD - RTX 3070 8GB
Windows 10 22H2

Peter Cave

PostSat Jun 03, 2023 6:57 am

They are not keyframes. The image shows Automation. Check the User Guide for info on dealing with Automation in Fairlight.
Resolve 18.6.5 Mac OSX 14.4 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

Return to DaVinci Resolve