lock video when editing audio in fairlight?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Kris Limbach

lock video when editing audio in fairlight?

PostThu Jan 07, 2021 11:36 am

Hi there, this is a noob question but i cannot figure it out:

is there a way to lock video when editing audio in the fairlight page?
when editing and trimming audio in fairligh it happens to me quite often that the video gets messed up.. I know i can individually link and relink audio clips. but is there a "global" way of editing audio, as i would edit a aaf imported session into protools / mixbus etc? thanks!!

Reynaud Venter

Re: lock video when editing audio in fairlight?

PostThu Jan 07, 2021 11:53 am

Kris Limbach wrote:is there a way to lock video when editing audio in the fairlight page?
Video Tracks locked on the Edit Timeline will be locked on the Fairlight Timeline.

I know i can individually link and relink audio clips
Version 17 provides a (global) Linked Selection toggle (Shift+Command+L) in the Fairlight toolbar.

Kris Limbach

Re: lock video when editing audio in fairlight?

PostFri Nov 26, 2021 6:29 pm

Thank you for the answer!

When i lock the video tracks, and copy paste audio on the audio tracks, this still moves around all the video tracks. really weird , or there is something i do not get: when i drag and drop audio into the timeline, it "overwrites" but when i copy paste within the timeline (also copy paste instert) it moves everything around. is there something i can do about this?

like a way to copy paste within a audio track and overwrite with the paste? thank you

Return to DaVinci Resolve